A8R32-MVP what is it

Associate
Dr Who said:
Had to up the PCI-E voltage by 0.1v last night to stop the graphics and sound flickering and fading up and down (volume and brightness)..

Now either its the mobo or the PSU (FSP Sparkle 700w) causing the voltage fluctuation...

I am going with the mobo...

Hopefully the newun will stop this, so I will be watching this page before I buy...

:rolleyes:

these a8r-mvp m/b do seem to get thier knickers in a twist regarding voltage regulation, i doubt its your psu as this seem to be a widespred problem with diff configs

although the talk about town would sugest that its the duel core chips that are causing the problem , it looks like the voltage regulator chips ( Mosfets) cannot handle the duel core load

but then ather people have no trouble at all , as i have posted before I think there has been a variation in QC and some are ok but others are border line

even if the psu was fluctuating the voltage regulators should take care of that on the mb that what they are for to provide a clean and stable voltage at the correct level

Last edited:
Soldato
lordedmond said:
these a8r-mvp m/b do seem to get thier knickers in a twist regarding voltage regulation, i doubt its your psu as this seem to be a widespred problem with diff configs

although the take about town would sugest that its the duel core chips that are causing the problem , it looks like the voltage regulator chips ( Mosfets) cannot handle the duel core load

I will be well upset if this mobo blows a £700 FX60

:eek:

Soldato
Just discovered upping the PCI-E voltage had kicked it out of crossfire mode... re-enabled crossfire and manic flickering returns...

Only seems to affect some games and 3dmark06 at present...

Doing my head in...

:(

EDIT: solved that problem now, it appears to be a bug in Cat6.2 drivers...

Seems when you adjust the gamma, it only affects one card so the flickering is the two cards fighting each other for gamma settings...

Readjusted the gamma and its fine... but now the graphics are dark...

grrrrrrr

:mad:

Last edited:
Associate
Hi , I have got a problem running counter strike source game it seems to stall then realease for a few seconds then stall again , not system stall but a graphics stall it does the same if i run the stress test in the same game , i am on cat 6.2
ran other games like doom3 and 3dmark, 01 , 03 , 05 and 06 with no problems , any idea's

Associate
Hi,

that does sound like a board problem, upping the pci voltage puts a greater strain on the regulation circuit. I had a dual core with this board too, even when not overclocked the core voltage fluctuates wildly. It's best just to use that board at standard settings only, for which it is 'adequate'.

Thanks
Raja

Associate
Hi

We all hope that the rd580 board has rectified these issues, I have ordered and will post my findings as soon as possible...............

Thanks
Raja

Man of Honour
Ordered + 1900XTX as well!!

A large sum of money but guess I'll get £150 back for selling the current kit which helps a little :)OcUK X800 Pro (XT PE modded of course :D) has served me well for 2yrs :cool:

Soldato
... and vcore voltage fluctuations, and T1 timing abilities ;)
Then there is the price .. £146 :eek:

Wondering if the R580 gives any advantage in crossfire over the 480 ? what 06 score are you getting @ 2.6 cpu (you have single core ?) and crossfire andyr ?

OcUK Staff
lordedmond said:
thanks Gibbo

order placed :D

Well I was not expecting such a good quick response from these... :eek:

ATI have given us some samples and I believe the other Etailors also got some but actually sold their samples to end-users lol.

This morning was funny when I asked ATI how come other sites were selling the boards online and evidence of this was on our forums. All of a sudden lots of people at Asus and certain Etailors were in big trouble for breaking an NDA big time. Quite hilarious really! :D

OcUK won't be selling its samples as thats what they are EVAL boards the final product which should ship around March 2nd may have further final tweaks added. Once I get chance to have a play I will comment as I hope to built an Ultima Extreme X1900 Crossfire using one to see if there are any improvements, just way too busy at the moment training other purchasers.......

Associate
Vogon said:
... and vcore voltage fluctuations, and T1 timing abilities ;)
Then there is the price .. £146 :eek:

Wondering if the R580 gives any advantage in crossfire over the 480 ? what 06 score are you getting @ 2.6 cpu (you have single core ?) and crossfire andyr ?

Hmmm from what Gibbo is saying sounds like i have a poor sample , anyway i really hope not , cant say i have posted anything too negative to give that impression as OC Uk is still a popular place for me to visit and i must say i would never go out of my way to give them a bad word. anyways Vogon to answer your questions voltage core is stable , 1T timings are there although haven't had memtest display anything to support that as it doesnt support this chipset , the versions ive tried and thats a few of them , as for my 3dmark 06 score with a 4000 sd at 2.7 i got 6235 and 28000 and somthing on my 03 score i must say that this board is very different than any other board ive had in the past with its extra features such as dual pci-e times 16 ect but it is not a dfi ultra d as far as overclocking goes , i hope i am proven in that to be wrong but that is how i find it but early days and a bios release here and there can do wonders :D

Last edited:
Soldato
andyr said:
anyways Vogon to answer your questions voltage core is stable , 1T timings are there although haven't had memtest display anything to support that as it doesnt support this chipset , the versions ive tried and thats a few of them , as for my 3dmark 06 score with a 4000 sd at 2.7 i got 6235

Thanks for that m8, looks like performance is similar too the A8R, with a single core @ 2.6 and x18 crossfire I was hitting 6100 at stock CCC settings, the extra cpu speed you had would probably help as the x18 crossfires are pretty cpu bound.

Just that this board is unstable at higher FSB/HT and 1T is no go over around 220, but having said that 2T doesn't appear to impact gaming or benchie performance.

The vcore fluctuations probably dont help, so it looks like the newer version has fixed that at least. :)

I wouldn't worry about having a sample board andyr .... on Asus's past history, thats probably better than the retail ones will be :p :D

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

Yes Edmond is right is was refering to the earlier board the A8R-MVP, in a way it's a shame that board had to be mentioned in this thread, but I feel consumers do have a right to express their experiences, especially when a previous product fails to meet advertised specifications.

Preliminary experiences are ASUS have listened to the disgruntled consumers of the A8R-MVP and made the claimed capabilities of that board a reality with this one.

I'm prepared to give them a chance, after all, crossfire boards are running a little thin on the ground at the moment.......

Thanks
Raja

Back
Top Bottom