Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Love it, him and Alonso need better cars next season.
Feel like lots of teams need better cars next season, really hope the new regs mix it up at least a little bit.

There's lots of great young drivers on the grid but they had pretty much no hope this season apart from picking up the crumbs Lewis and Max left behind.

Soldato
This is all in the pretence that they both have winning cars next year. You look at 98, 09, 14 rule changes and never has a dominant team kept themselves at the top.

For all we know McLaren and Ferrari could be top dogs. For heaven sake Lance Stroll could be battling for a championship.

Vettel would absolutely murder him. He beat him this year playing nice. If there's a championship on the line he'll use all the tricks Senna, Schumacher, Max, Rosberg and Vettel himself have used in the past.

Same if it's Ocon against Alonso. The older guard are too wise. Giovanni must have out qualified Kimi by a decent amount, yet Kimi beat him on points too.

And I think Mercedes are way ahead with developing next years car

What make you think that? Especially given the time Ferrari have had, their change in engine direction and the extra wind tunnel time the teams lower down the order have enjoyed.

Soldato
What make you think that? Especially given the time Ferrari have had, their change in engine direction and the extra wind tunnel time the teams lower down the order have enjoyed.

I really hope Ferrari remember they are a top team and bring a winning car to the table next season. RB already have the best aero and will soon have and even better engine since purchasing a load of Mercedes guys. I fear a Mercedes domination just switching to an RB one instead and i just can't stand them... :( I'd even take a dominant Ferrari with Vettel giving us the finger every race over RB. :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

“Unless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.”.
This did not happen, the SC pitted on same lap. Last lap is void and Hamilton wins on countback to end of previous lap.

^ comment I’ve read on another forum. Good starting point for the appeal imo.

Caporegime
This did not happen, the SC pitted on same lap. Last lap is void and Hamilton wins on countback to end of previous lap.

^ comment I’ve read on another forum. Good starting point for the appeal imo.

Yep, and that isnt even "reducing the race length" either, because the order would have stayed the same on the last lap, had the rules been adhered to.

Soldato
Decision was made. Max won. Simple really. Obviously any Ham supporter is going to disagree with it. Unless it was on the other foot.

What needs to happen now, is to make sure the rules are clear and concise next year.

Soldato
Decision was made. Max won. Simple really. Obviously any Ham supporter is going to disagree with it. Unless it was on the other foot.

What needs to happen now, is to make sure the rules are clear and concise next year.

Is it the rules that are the problem or their interpretation?

Caporegime

There is nothing to agree or disagree with. It was objectively not within the rules and was just made up by Masi. Teams cannot make correct strategy calls if the race director is just going to make up rules on a whim that specifically penalise some drivers over others.

You seem to be mistaken in thinking this is even up for debate or to do with subjectivity/discretion. It isn't.

Associate
Is it the rules that are the problem or their interpretation?

The whole system is pretty flawed. I don’t want people penalised for every little infringement, and the FIA do try and “let them race”, but this leaves too much freedom for random decision making.

Caporegime
The whole system is pretty flawed. I don’t want people penalised for every little infringement, and the FIA do try and “let them race”, but this leaves too much freedom for random decision making.

But in this instance they only let a chosen amount of cars race. Those arbitrarily chosen by Masi, which is intensely problematic.

Associate
There is nothing to agree or disagree with. It was objectively not within the rules and was just made up by Masi. Teams cannot make correct strategy calls if the race director is just going to make up rules on a whim that specifically penalise some drivers over others.

You seem to be mistaken in thinking this is even up for debate or to do with subjectivity/discretion. It isn't.

They really should have red flagged the race. Anyone who’s watched F1 will know that it takes ages to remove a car and let back markers through.

Soldato
Christian Horner himself has complained about lack of consistency. The stewards and Michael Masi can't pick and choose when to "let them race".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom