Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. Today was supposed to be the decider. Hamilton turned up and was clearly faster, you could be a bit annoyed if he wins and argue over that lap 1 incident

Instead we get a SC that ends in an unprecedented way seeminly on one guys call with the justification "that's motor racing"

I wanted Max to win and had Lewis won I wouldn't have been annoyed over the lap 1 incident, the last 2-3 races Max has been doing some silly moves.

Associate
It does look like in the heat of it towards the end, Masi and whoever else handled the safety car poorly and then redbull turn up at the resulting hearing with some options for Masi to get himself out of the hole and he took it..

Caporegime
It does look like in the heat of it towards the end, Masi and whoever else handled the safety car poorly and then redbull turn up at the resulting hearing with some options for Masi to get himself out of the hole and he took it..

The thing is there was nothing wrong with the the safety car deployment, and had it ended under the safety car with Lewis winning there would be little controversy as Lewis was the rightful and clear winner of the race anyway.

I'm still dumbfounded that Masi ruled for just the cars in Max's way to move ahead and then to immediately bring the safety car in so that Max could inevitably pass Lewis with Far better tyres, contravening all the actual rules and precedent. The end of the race was absurd.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

He dived and made the corner. Lewis should have slowed much more. If he didn't want him coming through there, should have tried to cover it.
So drivers need to accept Max divebombing them from way back and pulling forza style blocking moves? where it’s move out of the way or get hit? Come off it.

I support Lewis but you can’t throw it down the inside at any speed, park it on the apex and expect someone to move. Unfortunately Max has done this without penalty enough times that he believes it’s right.

If Lewis did that move then I’d say the same. Most drivers will go for a move at racing speed or by going late on the brakes. Max was so late on the brakes that he couldn’t have left any room.

Had the championship not been in Max’s favour (on points) I’d have expected a contact.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The thing is there was nothing wrong with the the safety car deployment, and had it ended under the safety car with Lewis winning there would be little controversy as Lewis was the rightful and clear winner of the race anyway.

I'm still dumbfounded that Masi ruled for just the cars in Max's way to move ahead and then to immediately bring the safety car in so that Max could inevitably pass Lewis with Far better tyres, contravening all the actual rules and precedent. The end of the race was absurd.
I watched the last race back after it was over, it was that crazy.

Rightly or wrongly (mostly wrongly) it was entertaining. This race? No chance. That ending infuriated me today.

Soldato
Love that you got called blind there, when the clue was in the sentence where you're insulted. "Max barely made the corner", so... He did make the corner. :D
That was a solid move yesterday.
He didn't make the corner, he kept it inside the lines, he missed the apex by a mile, because he dived down and near came to a stand still to even stay on track.

Associate

Yeah no real problem with the deployment of the SC the first instance, just everything after that was badly judged. There could be no objectivity today with the race director being so directly involved.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

In other news: Bottas was told to switch to chassis default 77 on the inlap.

When he did it flashed a “thank you” in Finnish on his dash :cool: Nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom