Access Point Recommendation

Associate
Hi, I've just moved into a new three floor house with BT Smart Hub 2 on the ground floor and need a good single access point to attach to the ceiling of the middle floor. I've already got an ethernet connection there. Can someone recommend one please?

Associate
If it's an old house (solid walls) and needs to cover the whole floor, you'd be better buying the older 5ghz Unifi AP - upside they're cheap on eBay because people are buying WiFi6.

Soldato
Bear in mind 6 doesn't penetrate walls too well.
Correction, 6E is the one that doesn't penetrate walls well due to being on 6GHz. Standard 6 is based on 2.4/5GHz so will be the same as AC/N.

@maklabouhlel Unifi 6 Pro can be found for £150, but if you want to save a bit of cash the 6 lite can be found for less. Main difference is the pro has better 5GHz performance, and the lite's 2.4GHz is limited to N.

Associate
could have got a cAP ax for £120 with Injector no need for all the controller headache.
So the U6Pro Has 4x4 but only 1GB Ethernet :D I would need to get the "ENTERPRISE" one should I want to take advantage Of my Mikrotik none PoE 2.5G 2.4G port switch then.

Last edited:
Associate
I have been using UniFi for years. some of there kit, such as surveillance and phones seem hit and miss with longevity and support but their Wi-Fi and switching gear is pretty solid.

Back
Top Bottom