Accidently "ran" a red light

Associate
Rotty said:
red lights are generally a cut and dried case , the only excude that I have ever seen get you off is moving out of the way for emergency vehicles ( and they do check )

sorry but as I see it you have no chance

Yes they do check but you dont get away with it. Guy round here had visible proof that he was moving thru the light to let an ambulance through and he still had to pay the £60. Was in the local press at the time.

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
nope yellow camera, just a bit smaller than a gatso

Phew...Thats a relief. Do all cameras for traffic control type thing have to be high visability, ie they are not allowed to be hidden etc.

Associate
Accidentaly running a red light = careless driving.

If you missed the red light then you obviously were not paying attention to the road enough.

Just take the fine because thats a case you are never going to win.

Soldato
What happens if you get stuck turning right at a crossroads (as in you can't turn because of oncoming traffic coming straight across the crossroads) and have to make the turn once the lights are on red and the oncoming traffic has stopped coming? Do these things still pick you up?

I've been forced to do that a couple of times and I hope I'm not running the risk of £60 every time I do it, especially since it's impossible to avoid :(

Soldato
If you're past the stop line then they shouldn't pick you up. I've seen cars turning right a few seconds after the light has gone red around here, and the camera doesn't seem to flash them.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
You don't accidently run red lights - you run read lights because you either ignore the amber, or you make a calculated decision to pass on amber even though the highway code states Amber = Stop IF ITS SAFE TO DO SO and not 'Drop a cog, boot it, you can make it'.

Pay the fine.

i think thats right anyway

Man of Honour
It's stop unless doing so would cause an accident.

99% of the people who jump amber lights do so becuase they are impatient.

Everyone does it - I've done it (Amber not red) but I'd not be whinging about a fine if I did get nicked.

Soldato
Kamerad said:
You wouldn't offer help to someone who got caught breaking into to somebodys house so why offer help to someone who runs a red light?

Well running a red light can be a mistake, as said in other posts, if you break into a house then it is entirely at your own will and are just scum

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
Well running a red light can be a mistake.

A dangerous mistake. Fair enough he didn't mean to do it but he did and has to face the consequences rather than trying to get off with it.

Soldato
Kamerad said:
A dangerous mistake. Fair enough he didn't mean to do it but he did and has to face the consequences rather than trying to get off with it.

yeah I agree you should have to pay a fine for running a red light, just didn't think it was fair comparing it to burglary

Back
Top Bottom