*** Ace Combat 7 ***

Soldato
Just from the few comments I have seen. Of course game is not yet out so take with a pinch of salt for now. But similar games on the same engine did not do 21:9 officially and needed tweaking / cheat engines to get working.

Not having 21:9 is a deal breaker. Think I’ll wait until ultra-wide is available

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap/mid-range joystick to play this with? I am keen to get this game as the last flight-based games I played were H.A.W.X 1 and 2. Was jut having a quick spy on the OC store page and some really good flight controllers there to be had.

Associate
Soldato
Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap/mid-range joystick to play this with? I am keen to get this game as the last flight-based games I played were H.A.W.X 1 and 2. Was jut having a quick spy on the OC store page and some really good flight controllers there to be had.

I've got the T.Flight Hotas X and it's spot on for Elite Dangerous so am expecting it to be fine for AC7!

Soldato
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thru...ight-stick-pc-xbox-one-4460168-gc-068-th.html

I got that recently and really like it, first proper flight stick in years.
I've got the T.Flight Hotas X and it's spot on for Elite Dangerous so am expecting it to be fine for AC7!

Those look really good but rather out of the budget I was looking for. But at least I can look to upgrade at a later date. Just need something cheap to get me started. :)

Associate
Patiently, Impatiently waiting for tomorrow... This has been on Pre-Order from the minute it went live. I have the whole collection lined up at home (Yes even the PS1 Games)

*Update* - Its been another 10 minutes... Is it the 31st yet???

Soldato
Not having 21:9 is a deal breaker. Think I’ll wait until ultra-wide is available

Yup same. While I absolutely want to jump into the game, can't be living with 16:9. See how it goes and hopefully tweak becomes readily available. That or I may cave and just end up playing on a 4k screen given the years I have been waiting since Unsung war :(

Soldato
OP
For those mentioning the 12:9 thing... Take that with a HUGE pinch of salt, it's not been confirmed that it's not supported.

The only Bandi Namco games using this flavour of engine (BN's UR4) are fighting games, which don't need 21:9, sucks yea, but I can't see a fighting game benefiting from it. HOWEVER, I agree, it would be nice for the option to be there for said games.

At worst, flawless widescreen will likely release a patch for it.

Soldato
Not going to lie, I'm weirdly excited to play this tonight... No idea why. I don't expect great things, I just expect simple fun.
As am I, I have very fond memories of playing the earlier ones on Playstations. I am however very cautious that the last version to be released on PC was not great, just didnt hook me. we'll see soon I guess!

Soldato
its very good on ps4 and OLED tv.. but i want it on my PC so can use my hotas and 21:9.. hopefully!

Does not support HOTAS / joystick support at the moment, but they plan to resolve it seems: https://twitter.com/PROJECT_ACES/status/1091265608937656321 (though this one seems to be for specific models, STEAM users are saying in general not working)

Also no 21:9 it seems judging by reasons people leaving negative reviews on steam and in steam discussion as I kind of expected that which sucks. We will likely get workarounds I imagine though so think I will wait until then myself.

Back
Top Bottom