Acer Predator CG437K P - 43", 4K, 144Hz, HDR-1000

Associate
I would recommend the Philips as a good Display for both, gaming and text, I also worked quite 12 Months with is and I think the Philips has a great Price (Germany About 500€).
The Acer is just an other Ligue for the Price of 1500€ ;)

I worked at Zoom Level 125-150 for text, and it worked out for me.
Good to know will give it a look.

I’ve got one had it about week and half.

Don’t really do much browsing on that PC but text at 125-150 is fine none of that strangeness that was seen in the Asus reviews.

Mainly play WOW and it’s amazing 4K max settings with HDR, moved from an X34A which now is my second monitor.
Which one do you have toasty the acer or the philips?

Associate
Most pc HDR monitors have limited dimming zone. Unless you are willing 2k plus I wouldnt worry about HDR on PC monitors.

IF you really really want HDR - OLED TV or high end FALD LED Tvs.

Associate
There is none on this size on the tv end else i would have jumped on a tv like that. I like how the new LG oled supports more hz, but they are stupidly big.

The monitor i think will be 40-60cm away from me when i will be using keyboard and mouse so possibly 43" would be too big. When i play on a keypad i dont mind i will move further back i plan to get a little sofa to play from further back, but i do a lot of programming and want to play strategy games as well. I dont mind of the above low amount of dimming video, just wanted to hear what the concesus is.

Associate
yeah its quite an experience !

some games i prefer the bigger picture like COD and Destiny 2 but i also play in ultra wide wide which is also amazing ! best of both worlds !

Caporegime
yeah its quite an experience !

some games i prefer the bigger picture like COD and Destiny 2 but i also play in ultra wide wide which is also amazing ! best of both worlds !

I've tried running an UW window on the Asus and I don't think it looks *quite* right. Unless of course I'm used to the full shebang now and games obv using higher detail textures when 4k is detected, which is probably the case.

Soldato
OP
When can we expect to see this in UK? It seems quite widely available in US and some parts of Asia.

Also when is the ASUS equivalent coming out?

Handful in stock on a certain rain-forest, but don't expect they will be there long. I'm guessing it's coming in to the country in very small batches. I only buy monitors from one place with a very friendly and easy return policy, due to the extremely high likelihood of faults (BLB, stuck pixels, dirt etc.). I've gone through close to 20 monitors in the past year trying to find a good one... the search continues...

Associate
Handful in stock on a certain rain-forest, but don't expect they will be there long. I'm guessing it's coming in to the country in very small batches. I only buy monitors from one place with a very friendly and easy return policy, due to the extremely high likelihood of faults (BLB, stuck pixels, dirt etc.). I've gone through close to 20 monitors in the past year trying to find a good one... the search continues...

Thanks, I ordered one. No idea if I will keep it but I'm really curious on how gaming on a 43" will be using UW resolution

Back
Top Bottom