Acer Predator CG437K P - 43", 4K, 144Hz, HDR-1000

Soldato
OP
Any proper reviews out yet ? is this the same as xg438q ?

No reviews yet. Yes it's the same panel as the XG438Q, just slightly revised so as to be that bit brighter. In all aspects, on paper anyway, they are identical. Whether that means they're basically the same monitor in real world performance or not remains to be seen, but I'm struggling to think of two monitors in history that shared the same panel and didn't also share many of the same traits.

Caporegime
The only problem I have @Metalface Mark is that I also have the Samsung CRG90 sat here too, and the colours on that are SO vibrant now i've fiddled with it I'm a bit stuck between them!!!

The Asus is v v smooth and overall great imo (better than I expected tbh) but there again I'm not bothered with HDR (it's only 8bit after all, 10bit option now showing for me)

Associate
I have both as well and would def recommend the Samsung 49 as the better one. However for some strange reason I am enjoying call of duty in 4K on a large screen more. The same goes for games that run better on 4K like console ports and jap rpgs.

example would be the game control where even with the exe fixes from widescreen forum just didn’t look play well on the 49. On a normal widescreen it looked amazing.

It’s also nice that when my 2 year old pops in we can then watch a large YouTube Sesame Street video song etc.

if you can have bother an ultra widescreen and a large 4K.

Some games don’t work in as widescreen as well whilst other games look amazing on widescreen like red dead 2.

I read that a lot of 55 oled pc gamers are using custom widescreen res etc.

when the new ps5 and Xbox hit the markets in 2020 Xmas I can imagine a lot of pc users doubling up on oled as console gaming and pc gaming.

Soldato
I have both as well and would def recommend the Samsung 49 as the better one. However for some strange reason I am enjoying call of duty in 4K on a large screen more. The same goes for games that run better on 4K like console ports and jap rpgs.

example would be the game control where even with the exe fixes from widescreen forum just didn’t look play well on the 49. On a normal widescreen it looked amazing.

It’s also nice that when my 2 year old pops in we can then watch a large YouTube Sesame Street video song etc.

if you can have bother an ultra widescreen and a large 4K.

Some games don’t work in as widescreen as well whilst other games look amazing on widescreen like red dead 2.

I read that a lot of 55 oled pc gamers are using custom widescreen res etc.

when the new ps5 and Xbox hit the markets in 2020 Xmas I can imagine a lot of pc users doubling up on oled as console gaming and pc gaming.

Ive got an X35P upstairs in my office on a 1080ti for ultrawide stuff, the acer is gonna go downstairs with my new 2080ti. Best of both worlds i thought!

Caporegime
Ive got an X35P upstairs in my office on a 1080ti for ultrawide stuff, the acer is gonna go downstairs with my new 2080ti. Best of both worlds i thought!

Ok man, I didn't think you'd be without lol. Yes it'll be 2 excellent setups then, but I highly recommend the Samsung CHG90 if you fancy going cray-cray with the Ultrawide aspect :D

Soldato
Ive just been using my 43" tv on my desktop this afternoon to get an idea of size, my desk is 800 deep so its actually an okay size on this desk, but its way too big for the new desk which is 600mm, ive just went ahead and ordered the 27" PG27UQ instead, hey ho!

Back
Top Bottom