** Acme [Akagi] bought a pink estate car - E30 325i project log! **

Right so I'm viewing a 45,000 mile 2006 T-Sport Compressor. Full years MOT, condition is decent, only issue is an exhaust leak from a gasket and he says it has normal T-Sport suspension not the Compressor suspension because he sent the originals for refurb but hasn't put them back on. MOT history looks great.

OK so its apparently been a bit of a weekend toy which has been on a fair few track days. Could explain both the suspension refurb and the tyre advisories.

Jeez, even the ones I find which look and sound promising have issues... :p

Will find out a bit more about this one and have a look anyway... Theres also a 2.5K T-Sport in Luton which is purported to be one of the best ones around in terms of condition which I'm interested in.

Haven't done anything to it or been anywhere in it since the last update! Have a new daily driver now though, so I can focus on doing bits and pieces to the E30 without worrying about it not being drivable. :)

I know right. Rare E30 options are expensive. 90 quid is actually a steal for one of those. These days they tend to go for £150+!

My 90 quid includes PayPal fees and postage too. :)

Shouldn't you be fixing the rust/mechanicals before spending on a useless mirror?

Yes probably, but even though I haven't done some of the important stuff yet, if I see something that I know I will eventually want come up for sale for a good price, why not snap it up?

I also bought a rust free sunroof panel for £150. They usually go for £300+. I have no intention to put it in yet, but its nice to have it.

Prices of these things will only go up.

So I didn't drive the E30 for about a week, and now the ABS issue has come back, the drivers side window has stopped working, and the passenger side electric mirror has stopped working. :p :p

ABS issue I think I have pinned down so I'll sort that soon hopefully. The other two problems are down to a loose connection (or multiple) in the drivers door, more specifically in the flexible part where the wires exit the firewall and go into the door.

I'm just going to buy a replacement door wiring loom for now.

Also this isn't short term, but I'm struggling to choose between getting the car re-sprayed in its original colour (Brilliantrot) for originality, getting it re-sprayed in a slightly different shade of red which I prefer, for relative originality, or getting it re-sprayed a different colour, which I would greatly prefer but it would ruin the originality... A genuine E30 colour, a dark grey or something like that.

That said, the interior is no longer original, nor are the wheels, or the fitted optional extras... So does it really matter?

I would get the exterior and door shuts done. The inner shell if you started pulling up carpets and trims would still be red, as would the engine bay. But everything you see would be the same colour.

Guys guys, Its not worth doing a strip down re-spray on. External and shuts/inner doors/panels will be fine. If the car ever gets fully stripped down in the future then the rest will get done too! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom