Advice for game rig (and photo editing) £700 max

Associate
just thought i would ask for some recommendations on a system to keep up with my sons who have i5 systems and would like it to be able to handle newish games (ARMA 3 ect.) but also need it for photo editing as i'm a keen photographer.
I dont need a SSD (have a new unused 240g )
dont need OS (got windows 7 pro)
i have a monitor so can make do with that if it keeps costs down and better components

£700 give or take £50 if necessary ..

Associate
OP
my monitor is a bit old.. its fujitsu siemens 22" so would i benefit from getting a new monitor (had this one for a few years maybe 4)
i'm fine for a keyboard and mouse ... thanks for the quick response

Associate
OP

Associate
OP
keep the suggestions coming ..i'm off to work so will check back later and hopefully get the components ordered!!! ... how much is it to have it built?

Associate
OP
do you think its better that OC build it for me? ...i mean at least it will have warranty if its put together by them

ok guys the price all in i'm thinking of spending has now risen to £900 which includes monitor and building..

any more suggestions keeping in mind i want it maybe 50% photo editing and 50% games!!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
if it was your £900 what would you do????
i dont need SSD (got a new one to fit)
no operating system (got Win 7 pro)

system with a 24" monitor and build costs please ;)

Associate
OP

not too bothered about a fancy case to be honest ...the previous £40 one would do me! ..i mean what benefits would i get out of this higher quality case???

Associate
OP
will do stu! ...i will revive the thread prior to buying just to see if anything else is worth considering before i pull the trigger! ... thanks for you help on this'

Associate
OP
cool! ... think i will stick to my £900 max lol
a family member bought from e-bay a few weeks back this:

wasn't sure what he was buying at the time, but set it up and seems happy with the results .. what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom