Advice Power Kernel 42 Critical Error?

Associate
Just wanted to take time to fault isolate this issue before posting for help and advice. I did post prior but can't find the original post!

Recently built a New PC

Ryzen 5 5600x
Auros B550I Mini Itx Motherboard.
Inno3d rtx3060 twin oc
Corsair SF600 mini itx psu 600w inno3d recommend 550w
adata m.2 1tb
cooler master nr200p case mini itx

Fault Trigger

When browsing youtube system would hang and restart. Strangely it would never happen while gaming and this would happen every 2nd day or so quite annoying really.

Decided to spend some time fault finding

re-seated power connectors, memory and graphics card also air dusted connectors.
Motherboard has latest bios f13
tested memory
test ssd
reinstalled drivers
tried using a different browser
reinstalled windows fresh
no luck there

Ok the last thing I did was remove the RTX3060, replace the existing graphics card gtx1050ti and its fine no system hang and that's over a week since the swap out.

I can come to a conclusion its rtx3060 related issue but need advice whether or not to RMA the video card?

Associate
OP
@mickyflinn

Thanks for you prompt response, I have an older pc athlon quad core don't use it for games it has a pci express x16, but if were checking for browser hang its not gonna get over stressed with psu 500w.

Soldato
I'd try RMAing the CPU first direct to AMD as they will just send you a new one then if that doesn't fix things then RMA the GPU.

Associate
OP
@joxen ok heard some talk about infrequent hang can be cpu so could be worth a shot try the gpu in a different pc first just to check.

Associate
OP
Just an update to this thread managed to get rtx3060 in my old pc running and ran it for 4 days no system hang. Strangely enough Gigabyte released a new bios update f14 in relation to improved memory compatibility just updated bios and hopefully that resolves the issue fingers crossed! don't think my memory exactly matched their compatibility.

Associate
OP
Well that didn't fix the issue however my pc crashed but a memory dump file was created and installed a program to read that file, going from that file there was an issue with hdaudbus.sys file issue. Tried different rev vga driver and all seem to crash it maybe time to start rma hardware any advice appreciated

SYMBOL_NAME: HDAudBus!HdaController::Isr+d4

MODULE_NAME: HDAudBus

IMAGE_NAME: HDAudBus.sys

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: d4

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_HDAudBus!HdaController::Isr

OS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR: vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {ff5d8ed2-7893-7823-bca7-8d261625006d}

Back