Advice selling old Citadel miniatures

Commissario
Aye, I wouldn't repaint my old figures or any given to me but i've used it on ebay buys etc, as has younger brother.

About the only model we've ever painted that we've stripped are some of our test models, younger brother for example has a really badly assembled old rhino he bought from ebay that has been his "vehicle test" model for something like 20 years, IIRC he used biostrip to remove about 12 layers of paint :D

Soldato
You'll get more if you sell them individually or in batches on ebay, but it will be slow and a bit of a pain. Facebook groups too like oldhammer and middlehammer trading too. A job lot will get rid of them quicker. I only buy old metal minis btw - they're my retirement plan and I hate to think how many are waiting. A good 600+

Soldato
Metal was phased out by the time I got in to the hobby, so I have never bought a BNIB metal mini. I did however manage to score Mephiston, Corbulo and Tycho (I think) as metal minis. These, I believe, were a similar era to the old Sanguinor model which I bought in (gulp) Finecast. The metal models have a charm and quality unto themselves, and I would always pay the extra for a metal compared to finecast!

Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
If you use Reddit you can see what the guys over on OldHammer think, you’ll prob need to post lots of photos to give them an idea.

If you just want to pass them on, I’ll happily take them off your hands :p

Soldato
OP
Quick update to this thread I started, since it appears to have come back to life a little...

I ended up selling most of my stuff mainly via the Oldhammer Miniatures: Valuation, Identification & Trading group on FB. I still have quite a few to get through, but so far it's netted me about £800! I sold my old paint sets (in boxes with still useable paints from the early nineties) for about £30 each, sold some old Codex books (some are quite valuable if in good condition), and most of my box sets went as well. Just recently shifted some Eldar aspect warriors (11 of them), two metal harlequin jetbikes, and an inquisitor in terminator armour for just over £90.

Back
Top Bottom