Aerial photography / Videography thread

Soldato
Picked up an ND 8 and 16 filter for the P3P, Not sure if it's those but most of my shots are coming out like they are out of focus. Went out today and nearly all of the pictures I took are useless. They are official DJI filters too.

I'm curious as to what purpose an ND filter serves in drone photography? For normal photography they allow you to use a longer shutter speed, but surely that's the last thing you want on a drone?

Associate
OP
Filters are only good for video on drones, for dropping the shutter speed to achieve better motion blur, not worth using for images at all

Associate
Only just see this thread. Judging by some of the subject and quality I'll need to up my game! :p

Visited RAF Dunkirk last year with my Inspire 1. Took a view screen grabs from the video clip..

raf_dunkirk1.jpg

raf_dunkirk2.jpg

Spent a lot of my youth at this place back in the 80s, was weird and anti climatic to see it from the air. I suppose my memories of it as a kid is that it was a vast place, aerial photography shrinks everything, obviously!

Caporegime
I'm curious as to what purpose an ND filter serves in drone photography? For normal photography they allow you to use a longer shutter speed, but surely that's the last thing you want on a drone?

To match the shutter speed to the video on bright days. The video looks horrible otherwise with tonnes of jello effect.

Surprising it doesnt need to be too bright to need to use the ND32.

Ideally from memory you want to be aiming of 1/60th sec for nice smooth video.

Associate
Some cracking shots, Really shows how beautiful our landscapes are in the UK! (Assuming most these are taken in the UK)

Soldato
With the latest 'drones' having great cameras, I think its time for people to start sharing their pictures again, so here is mine. Taken with the Mavic Pro. Im still learning the camera settings and the p&p.

ysGtGlO.jpg

Soldato
I might have posted a couple of these already in another thread, but these are some of mine from the past 12 months. My Mavic's gimbal motor is currently broken - I have a replacement but haven't tried fitting it yet.

pqrg38o.jpg

MSKvs0F.jpg

ZLquZmX.jpg

DgMWG9a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom