After The Fall

Soldato
I've been playing this both on the Index and the Quest 2 via airlink, and honestly, I think it looks and plays better on the Quest 2, despite the lower FOV.

Soldato
Just played the first mission with bots. Do all the fixed story missions (I assume they're fixed) need to be done with bots? Or can you play with randoms/friends if they've reached that point themselves?

Wasted the first ammo drop, so almost died on the first mini bosses, had to run past them to find a new ammo box. Then was a bit more reasonable, probably too much. Got a new pistol (found on a corpse), running the service pistol with my left hand, and the falcon on my right, mostly using my left, and right when it gets messy. Might be an idea to swap that, seeing as I'm a righty, and when I'm using the heavier pistol, it tends to be so up close I can't miss.

Soldato
All the missions can be done SP or MP. There's only 5 missions right now, but more are going to be added. I've not tried the missions at the harder difficulties, but they need better equipment which you get by replaying the missions.

Personally I think the shooting is pretty good, but the levels and zombies need a bit more variety, and there need to be more loot drops. It's isn't as nicely structured as Left4Dead, but it does have that vibe, and it's really cool to be inside a Left4Dead style game with dozens of zombies rushing at you from all directions. It's definitely an early access game in terms of polish and content.

It's better with other decent players though. I just aced one of the missions as the overall team was good and it was a much more fun experience.

I would definitely recommend playing the PC VR version as it's much more atmospheric than the Quest native version.

Soldato
So far all the floppies I've found are for weapon mods, not weapons and they just add the ability to purchase the mods.

It looks like weapons are unlocked as you play the game, as after completing the fourth mission suddenly a machine gun and shotgun were available for me to purchase.

You can also find weapons in the world, being held by frozen characters (I found a carbine). If you place them on the modification stand that adds them as a blueprint so you can purchase them if you lose them.

Edit: Also some better weapons can be found in rooms locked by keycards.

Also there is a weapon rack next to the shop arcade machine where you can place weapons you're not currently using.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really enjoying it. Getting a good group is important for higher difficulties but it's a lot of fun. You can probably run the first 2 missions comfortably within 2 hours and decide if you want to refund or not.

Soldato
Yeah just not sure i might wait for it to go in the sale, ive got a copy of pistol whip and robo-recall coming my way for christmas, and ive just got 11 table tennis for myself as an early treat so not sure how play it will get!

Soldato
Yup thats what time i'm usually on wednesdays and thursdays.

I'll get it installed tonight then and give it a blast.

My number is just up there, use the Search option in the Social menu, and send a friend invite. We'll get on together and I'll give you a good gun to get your started.

Soldato
I checked for a friend invite but didn't see one yet. Went into master level runs, won one with 3 players, but got a duplicate orange disk, then lost a second run. Quitting for the night there.

Back
Top Bottom