Age of Conan

Soldato
I thought this game was ok at the time except for the lack of quests, eventually gave up the grind at level 73.

But now playing WoLK i have realized how poor it was.

Last edited:
Soldato
they told so many lies like you said sleepery. The amount of video's i watched where gaute gadger(spelling) and his round friend told me complete lies, lol one of their favourite things to say was, "we are just doing the polishing now, finishing touches, everything works, its a great game, your gonna love it"

never again will i look forward and research into a game so much

Associate
I thought WAR was a huge let down and cant understand why people like that :S its terrible... its a WOW copy all over. But i dont think my opinion is the same of others hence why the game is still played.

OMG WAR ia so much not a WoW copy - really it is not. For a start - no emphasis on crafting, no economy, different types of quests and ways to level, class specific gear and weapons, numerous pvp elements, more classes and team play etc etc.

If you want wow clone go for LotR online.

that said I now play neither, though am tempted by wow, but to many great single player games and non-sub online games out at the mo. Maybe will pick it up again next year during the inevitable lull.

the biggest thing that WAR missed was the crafting and the inevitable economy that comes with it. once you have a mount there is really nothing worth saving for.

Soldato
Y'know, I got roped into the hype of this game. The sheer scale of thigns that they said would be on release sounded tremendous.

Luckily a certain site couldn't get my card verificated and I never got it but then read about it everywhere saying how much of a failure it was... Maybe if they actually implement the things they were going to implement. I'll buy it.

Associate
just started replaying this gamne again after trying all the other mmorpg and for some reason i find this better than the others even wow but i think thats because i quit wow after playing it since beta :D

Soldato
Love AOC, in an ace guild but after getting 80 and having to raid I've found I simply dont have time. I'd rather do something else with my evenings, great game but maybe I'm a bit old for staring at the PC all evening moving a little char around for hours on end whilst talking on teamspeak to people I barely know, to kill a mob I couldn't care if we beat or not.

Yes time to move on, annoyingly got several months subs left too !

Ill happily take it off your hands ;)

Email in trust

Soldato
Anyone still playing this? What is the game like nowdays? I am really thinking of giving it another month and see how it goes?

I would only come back if my lvl 80 char is still available, if it is deleted then I am not grinding all the way again. Emailed Funcom and waiting for their reply now.

Associate
I am interested in this also, it looks quite promising from the forums and the expansion - definately looked good and the combat I thought was very unique! Conqueror here.

Associate
bought it on release, played for 3 months... enjoyed it .. went back 2 months ago with a free trial and I couldn't get back in to it. All the same niggles were still there.. thats my opinion

Back
Top Bottom