1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agility 3 Vs M4 Vs Force 3A

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by Rik1254, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Rik1254

Wise Guy

Im looking at an SSD now (ideally only want 30/40GB, but 60 is fine) to be my OS drive.

The Force 3 is cheapest and has the best read/write speeds. The agility 3 is close behind and the M4 is the slowest (only just though).

Out of these, the M4 is the best, but I dont see how, just people saying "Its naff, get the M4".

Afterall they all have 3 years warranty, so if it fails and takes Windows with it, surely they'll replace it? (not a big issue for me as I get cheap Windows through my uncles company).

If I have the SSD as my main boot drive and it fails, whats the worst that could happen?

2. Bradley8988

Wise Guy

Alot of people are jumping on the OCZ is crap get an M4 wagon.

Alot of the sandforce problems seem to have been fixed now with a firmware update but there are still a few failures.

Real world there wont be any difference between them. The M4 is alittle bigger which could be a big selling point for you but then again its not cheap.

Your right though if it fails its not exactly the end of the world if all your docs are on another drive.

3. Rik1254

Wise Guy

Sorted then, it will be 100% OS (maybe a few select programs that never/ rarely update), but 64 will be more than enough.

Kind of made this thread pointless now 'cause I just found a M4 for £69.

4. Bradley8988

Wise Guy

5. TwsT

Sgarrista

M4 has a slower write speed but has proved more stable the consensus is that it's the best because the experience users have had has been the most positive.

6. Andrew Moore

MSI Rep

Search the forums.

I have personally run these drives and compared them.

long story short...

force3 and agility 3 are pretty much the same drive.

M4 is faster even in cases faster than the Vertex 3 or Force GT