Air fryers

I'm on the lookout for a af400 or similar.

Never had a air fryer before. But with a family of 4. I think I should just go for a good sized one. I've heard people regret getting a smaller one down the line.

Or can you get a chicken in a af300 ?
Large might be more ideal for a family of 4, but yes, you can get 2 x 1.6kg whole chickens in the AF300UK. Downside of the AF400 is, well... it's bigger! (more space taken on the kitchen surface)

Depends how much the family of 4 eats I suppose. We do a chicken in one side and sides in the other side, then share out of dinner and have some leftover for 2 x lunches the next day

Well yeah your right, could all be big eaters :D

Do you think with a chicken in one side, then all the rest of Sunday dinner type stuff in the other side, that the af300 would be big enough for a average family?

Where it will go in my kitchen I have a slow cooker. That 40cm wide so I think space is ok. But obviously I don't want a oven size machine on my kitchen side hahaha
If you're all big eaters, then I would say get the AF400 to be on the safe side.

You can't really fully load the draws because it takes longer to cook and you need a bit of room to shake things around so it cooks evenly.
Chips for example are best if you half - 3/4 fill and shake them around occasionally. Doing a chicken is fine but cooking roast potatoes, veg and whatever else in one side might be a push in the AF300

This was 1 large chicken thigh and 2 medium potatoes sliced on a mandolin with pepper for a few minutes at the end. All air fried at 200c, 20 mins

The slices are a bit thin, but yummy, more like crisps!

ML9TGcll.jpg

gQ94sGTl.jpg

That looks big enough for us. Only me that like a big plate full :D

Thanks for the help
No probs, yeh. I do eat a lot. That's pre swim lunch.
I would say the AF300 is fine ofr doing restaurant sized portions of chips for 4-6 people and a whole chicken. Restaurants where you get the small basket of fries. I personally am just a bit greedy and probably need to limit my portion sizes... but often don't

the roof in my ninja foodi max pro is full of muck anyone else's the same ?
Sorry to say it but this was what happened with the first Ninja we had, a mini oven.
It lasted 2 days before we returned it as grease built up on the back and heating elements then it started to smoke when turned on. We called Ninja and explained and they said to return it. Returned it and bought the Ninja air fryer (AF300UK)

Planning on doing my first whole chicken in ours for dinner tonight. Chicken in one side, roasties in the other and then I'll have to relent and use the normal oven for the stuffing.
How did it go? We had chicken and rice tonight with some brocolli and mushrooms.
Medium chicken was £3.25 and rice very cheap as bought a huge bag of basmati. Has easily done 4 large meals (tonights dinner and Monday lunch for 2)

50 mins, 200c

for size comparison
U5oX7Zdl.jpg

season (salt, pepper, paprika, mixed herbs)
dxCZiH7l.jpg

after 50 mins
riKre8el.jpg

ACwUleIl.jpg

cafRqXtl.jpg

Scalpers on Gumtree selling AF300UK for £250+ Can see their names and mobile numbers on some. They're brave. Might post it on Reddit and HUKD

Last edited:
Turned out really nice, did it using the roast function which I think is 190C for 60 minutes. First 30 upside down and then turned it.

Nice and juicy, lovely crispy skin.
I’ve not tried a chicken on roast setting yet, might give it a go.

Thinking about the cost vs oven though its a no brainer.

The oven is 5500W max at 250c and air fryer is 2000W max at 240c.

Air fryer, with only one compartment on that’s 1000W at 240c but cooking at 200c reduces that to maybe 800w (832 i think) 832w /hr. 50 mins slightly less, about 800w total

Oven I would cook it for 1 hr 30 including pre heat at 200c.
So 4400w for 1 hr 30, or 6600w total. 8.25x as expensive when cooking a single chicken in the oven!

The only way an oven could be more economical would be if it was stacked full of food…even then though, our oven couldnt fit 8x the food of 1 af300uk compartment

Last edited:
I use the same salmon and make it with a Asian inspired honey and garlic glaze. I actually got it from this guys channel. He has a lot of nice things that are worth checking out

Damn, that looks better than mine!

I just pasted on some random ingredients - butter, paprika, soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper and salt! Turned out alright

Back
Top Bottom