Airfryer

Soldato
Word of warning to you, when get one be prepared to spend the first 2-3 weeks wanting to air fry literally every foodstuff you have in your house. Your first thought during this period will be "can I air fry this?". It will eventually wear off.

Soldato
Word of warning to you, when get one be prepared to spend the first 2-3 weeks wanting to air fry literally every foodstuff you have in your house. Your first thought during this period will be "can I air fry this?". It will eventually wear off.

I bought it originally as a healthy alternative to frying. Once i found out how nice McCains fries are though i just ended up eating more crap on CBA days :p

Soldato
Steve's burger did it for me lol
in a positive way. -

.. you could have cooked them without addtional fat on a grooved griddle plate on a gas hob, without addtional fat ? ... with probably less washing up ..
so I don't see the air fryer benefit...
but, I would like to know, other than chips, what they are best for.

Soldato
I would like to know, other than chips, what they are best for.

Anything that you can put in the oven really.

In my experiences it cooks/dries the outside of the food quickly, while keeping the inside moist. You can also use it to make crisps and similar stuff. It cooks much quicker and evenly than the oven too.

Soldato
Recently seen some scare stories about cooking bacon in them, something to do with the fat burning or something. I ignore this of course, very good for making bacon sarnies with minimal fuss, streaky bacon is the best for this.

Soldato
is an oil atomizer de'rigeur to accompany it - olive/rapeseed ?
this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPvvA_n7SAM chicken video uses a 'misto' one.

Not really a need to add oil for most things you cook. you can i suppose give it a few sprays if whatever you are crisping is bone dry but for the vast majority of things you shouldn't have to.

Recently seen some scare stories about cooking bacon in them, something to do with the fat burning or something. I ignore this of course, very good for making bacon sarnies with minimal fuss, streaky bacon is the best for this.

I cook bacon all the time with it. You hear the odd pop when fat hits the heat element but surely this is no different than doing bacon in a grill

Caporegime
Not really a need to add oil for most things you cook. you can i suppose give it a few sprays if whatever you are crisping is bone dry but for the vast majority of things you shouldn't have to.

I cook bacon all the time with it. You hear the odd pop when fat hits the heat element but surely this is no different than doing bacon in a grill
How long would you do a large fillet of frozen battered haddock for?

Soldato
How long would you do a large fillet of frozen battered haddock for?

I generally do frozen breaded fish or chicken at 15mins depending on how thick it is, usually at lower than recommended heat like 180C. After a try or two you get a good feel for what the timings are, usually a fair bit less than the packet suggests in the oven.

Back
Top Bottom