Airport Valet parking company taken my F10 M5 for a spin

Soldato
I wouldn't bother reporting it - you'll probably get them into trouble and it doesn't sound like they did anything 90% of us wouldn't do. I'd only be annoyed if someone was ragging it around or massively taking the **** with speed limits, mainly because I wouldn't want the hassle of an NIP coming to me if they got caught.

Soldato
I'm surprised someone with an M5 would use this service, it's just asking for something like this to happen. If I had a car like that I wouldn't want anyone else driving it, these types of companies are always getting a bad press so it's asking for trouble.

Soldato
I came in here expecting a horror story but apart from a few revs which tbh who wouldn't with an M5, it sounds like the drove the car with respect and didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Personally I would email the company, tell them you have dashcams and you would like the praise them for how they drove.

Soldato
I came in here expecting a horror story but apart from a few revs which tbh who wouldn't with an M5, it sounds like the drove the car with respect and didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Personally I would email the company, tell them you have dashcams and you would like the praise them for how they drove.

This^

Whilst reading the OP, I found myself thinking it was quite sweet how much they were, respectfully, enjoying the car.

Associate
I avoid valet/meet&greet parking at airports for this reason alone - Housey has the right idea, short stay parking - self parked, lock, take keys, done. I don't trust people I don't know to drive my car with care - temptation to rev is difficult to resist!

Having said that, it doesn't sound like a total horror story. Whilst they shouldn't even be doing what they did, it could have been far worse (vs other stories I've read) - but does that make it ok? I'm torn.

Man of Honour
I'm surprised someone with an M5 would use this service, it's just asking for something like this to happen. If I had a car like that I wouldn't want anyone else driving it, these types of companies are always getting a bad press so it's asking for trouble.

Like what?

Soldato
Shock as airport meet and greet valet company rev an expensive and fast car.

Of anything you're lucky that they only gave it a couple of cheeky blips of the throttle. There are others that would be attempting a top speed challenge in it.

Even in my old 335 which was worth some 1/6 of what your car is, I only parked it myself and nobody had the keys apart from me.

Caporegime
Shock as airport meet and greet valet company rev an expensive and fast car.

Of anything you're lucky that they only gave it a couple of cheeky blips of the throttle. There are others that would be attempting a top speed challenge in it.

Even in my old 335 which was worth some 1/6 of what your car is, I only parked it myself and nobody had the keys apart from me.

Interesting thing on watchdog a few months back, airport parking company using the cars / parking them on the street for weeks on end etc.

I just pay for the short stay and walk 30 yards into the terminal (if i have to drive), otherwise, i get a taxi / driven to the airport.

Cuts all the fuss of parking / leaving your car with a total unknown.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You got a laugh out of it and they got a buzz. Everybody is a winner in this instance but it highlights the big flaw in this type of service. Next time you might not get these young lads who appreciate good motor but the dubious type who are out to show off to mates.

As others above, the thought of someone else rummaging around in your car while you're hundreds/thousands of miles away isn't something I cannot imagine. - Just the principal of it. But not everyone is the same, some people take their cars to the Polish for the weekly wash, I'd rather do it myself as I know it will be done properly even if it uses up my time and effort.

Edot*
Also I lolled at "F10 M5" clarification - Heaven forbid if it was just a peasant E39/E60 M5!

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I went to Vegas a few weeks ago. Flew from Heathrow T5 and used PurpleParking. £65 for the meet and greet service (8 days - NHS discount) and couldn't be happier.

Dropped the car off in the short stay car park, right outside the lifts, went in to the terminal. On the way back they tracked the flight details and had the car waiting outside the lift in the short stay car park.. literally the first space.

Granted, I only have a 13' plate Fiesta TitX but I do have a dashcam and they drove sensibly. The only downside was they changed the radio from DAB to FM :p

I'd use the service again but then again, I'm not sure how that would change if I had north of £50k worth of car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
did it look like it was washed/cleaned everyday? :p

also to echo what others said..... they could have splattered the thing with mud just doing doughnuts in their "car park" or been going on the maccy D runs with the ladssssss. xD but they didn't ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It was cleaned before going in and it was the same coming out :p

Back
Top Bottom