Alan Henning killed.

Associate
Thats terrible news... unfortunately I don't see a quick resolution for this issue. ISIS seem to have a large number behind them , geographically spread and quite well organised... it always surprises me when they quote on the news the number of UK and european citizens that have left to go and join them.

Thoughts for his family at this dreadful time..

Permabanned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29485405

Think it's about time we kick it up a notch.

Feel sorry for his family but is our government just going to stand by and let them get away with it over and over again.

Will our government stop meddling with other countries affairs? I wouldn't be surprised if this spills over to the UK similar to the IRA attacks.

Edit
I also feel he didn't deserve to die.

Last edited:
Soldato
I forsee more hate crime in the UK and things kicking off.

Will our government stop meddling with other countries affairs? I wouldn't be surprised if this spills over to the UK similar to the IRA attacks.

Wut? So his death is justified due to our foreign policy? Nice.

Soldato
Hmm :( I wonder if any will be driven to isis as a result.

RIP!

I see the opposite - growing numbers of EDL and the like.

Anywhere there's some form of extremism, ie: "sharia zones", it's probably going to kick off big time sooner or later.

Caporegime
The best thing our media can do is not publicise captured people, putting the spotlight on them is exactly what these groups want will only have one outcome.

Soldato
I see the opposite - growing numbers of EDL and the like.

Anywhere there's some form of extremism, ie: "sharia zones", it's probably going to kick off big time sooner or later.

Whilst I agree these "sharia zones" should be crushed it should be done by the police. I'll be heartbroken to see EDL gaining strength.

Soldato
Just seen :( agreed,

Problem is OK they are doing one by one, but its in the media, wiping it in everyone's facesas they know they will spark more reaction, and to be fair it should be shown, as it shouldn't be hidden from the public.

And yep, the hate crime will only get worse but still, the extremists bought this on, I think more people now have a hate for religion in its entirety first off.

What's the solution I hear you say? Back off? What then, we still have a large majority of extremists trying to poke the fire if we did back off. Not only that but I don't know if you have noticed we have a large number of extremist groups right here in the UK who would no chance want to at some stage fully convert to fighters, rather than all mouth

Last edited:
Associate
Will our government stop meddling with other countries affairs?

I hope not. Not when other countries affairs include genocide and war crimes (not just talking any intervention with IS but UN/western intervention in general - and yes I appreciate there are differing view points on this).
Also very unlikely, but if our government started doing such things to its own citizen or something along the lines as what is happening in some of these other countries happened here I hope there would be another country that would 'meddle with our affairs'....

Also agree with the above terrible things that are happening. RIP

Soldato
The best thing our media can do is not publicise captured people, putting the spotlight on them is exactly what these groups want will only have one outcome.

Agreed. Sadly it sells papers though :( also, fear is good for politicians.

Not that his murder should go unnoticed...

Man of Honour
You look at the final picture of the lad and how much weight he has lost and you can't imagine the hell he must have gone through. Such a sad thing to see, poor lad.

Soldato
Agreed. Sadly it sells papers though :( also, fear is good for politicians.

Not that his murder should go unnoticed...

Not so sure publicity is a bad thing - sometimes you need to justify a military response in the hearts and minds of the public. Stories like this do paint a picture. Without stories like this, how the hell do you know what our boys and girls are fighting for if they get involved?

Caporegime

Edit
I also feel he didn't deserve to die.

He was captured before we did anything in Syria... if anything if the west had intervened earlier and backed a proper opposition with weapons there wouldn't have been as much opportunity for ISIS to grow in the way it has done.

We're damned if we do damned if we don't....

Back
Top Bottom