Alcohol as a pre-workout drink (not as crazy as it sounds)

Soldato
Too small a sample to be conclusive. Also many studies have supported the theory that alcohol is a depressant, not in the foreveralone.jpg sense as in the sense that alcohol depresses the cognitive functions not stimulates them.

Soldato
I have actually heard a similar theory before. The theory I heard though, is that drinking alcohol allows you to do more reps because your pain streshold is higher.

Someone might have been having me on though...

Associate
Kwerk you have let me down with this quite frankly correct thread.

I live with 2 bodacious gentleman studying biology and they told me this just a few months ago and I can confirm it's correct (they went into all this weird bio malarkey but I believed them)...

This means Kwerk is dead inside :(

Associate
Like before what's you numbers on the three big lifts? And what difference has it made drinking whilst lifiting lol?I personally think that's mental and wouldn't want to lift under the influence of anything which can impair your judgement, focus etc. but hey, if it works!

Caporegime
If you require anything to workout beyond basic sustenance, then you are obsessed.

I wont even discuss this further, i am stating this as a fact.

Wise Guy
Soldato
OP
I wonded if chew or dipping tabacco has any ergogenic properties. Pretty popular with baseball players.

Soldato
I suppose it depends on waht you're trying to achieve. It wouldnt be beneficial with regards to weight training. I havent done a sports degree, but I have done my CYQ in sports and exercise fitness, level 1 and level 2.

My thoughts on the matter?

1. Degraded protein synthesis
2. Reduced testosterone

I suppose it could help numb pain.

But with numbing, would come bad posture.

So no, I cant see it helping very much. The cons out weigh the pros

Back
Top Bottom