• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Associate
Sandra results show 12900K consistently losing to 12 core 5900X
https://www.techpowerup.com/287107/...rformance-preview-of-the-intel-core-i9-12900k

This is math, scientific, hashing productivity workloads.

I know, excuses will pile on, early engineering sample etc.
But it is not very useful showing again and again how good its ST is in while skirting around overall performance. Cpuz and CB don't really care about memory speeds. There may be a latency elefant in the room here.

Permabanned
Sandra results show 12900K consistently losing to 12 core 5900X
https://www.techpowerup.com/287107/...rformance-preview-of-the-intel-core-i9-12900k

This is math, scientific, hashing productivity workloads.

I know, excuses will pile on, early engineering sample etc.
But it is not very useful showing again and again how good its ST is in while skirting around overall performance. Cpuz and CB don't really care about memory speeds. There may be a latency elefant in the room here.

That is only one app which may or may not be well optimised for the new hybrid micro-architecture.

If the other apps are fine, then screw this and ignore it.

Associate
I don’t think adl performance will be straight forward. You will need to test it between windows 10 vs 11 and ddr4 tuned vs ddr5.

Scheduler, bandwidth, latency all come into play here and can swing results around. From that perspective it’s quite exciting.

Associate
That is only one app which may or may not be well optimised for the new hybrid micro-architecture.

Cheery picking again, just like Intel do. Also notice that the CPUZ screenshot has the multi core blurred out, this may be why

Associate
That is only one app
wow you are off to the races early
what happens when SPECint shows the same? Thats just an app that happens to be industry standard?

I fully expect AlderLake to do well in SPECint. Probably trade blows with 5950X once paired with lower latency memory.
But not anything what could be descrbed as "demolishing", "crushing".

Soldato
OP
Alder Lake will be launched on the 27th of October and can be pre ordered from stores on the same day with the review embargo ending on 4 November, same day that sale starts.

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-has-just-confirmed-intel-alder-lake-cpu-launch-date-november-4th

timeline:

27 October: Alder Lake launched at Intel innovation event

27 October: Alder Lake preorders open right after the Intel innovation event finishes.

4 November: Customers will start to receive their pre order CPU

4 November: Review embargo ends and reviews will be published

Soldato

lols

Good benchmark = AMD are doomed
Bad benchmark = one off/badly optimised app

You're hilarious.

Alder Lake will be launched on the 27th of October and can be pre ordered from stores on the same day with the review embargo ending on 4 November, same day that sale starts.

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-has-just-confirmed-intel-alder-lake-cpu-launch-date-november-4th

timeline:

27 October: Alder Lake launched at Intel innovation event

27 October: Alder Lake preorders open right after the Intel innovation event finishes.

4 November: Customers will start to receive their pre order CPU

4 November: Review embargo ends and reviews will be published

So it's not a clear win over Zen3 then.

Caporegime
Preorders? again?

Didn't they do the same with Rocketlake? allow you to buy it a week before people were allowed to publish reviews?

So do Intel have the same confidence in its performance as they did with Rocketlake?

Associate
Yes, pre-order and launch before review embargo doesn't bode well.

I'm sure there will be plenty of cherry picked examples where AL-S will be fastest but a review embargo almost implies that there are plenty of areas it won't be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom