• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alien Isolation Benchmark

Soldato
Just for fun, 4K with all settings outlined in the opening post.

Haven't done much overclocking, Just a quick and dirty +1000 on the memory and +100 on the core.

Score 365.6 GPU 4090 @2955/11,500, CPU 13900k @5.5, Dicehunter Link 527.56 Drivers

iSdiNFt.png

Last edited:
Associate
Damn, I completely forgot about this game! It's a gem for sure, I'll definitely be reinstalling, may as well bench it when I do. It's possibly my favourite survival horror, the tension is so much worse than cheap jump scares. I'm surprised how good it is when the developer is known for RTS (great ones at that).

Soldato
Damn, I completely forgot about this game! It's a gem for sure, I'll definitely be reinstalling, may as well bench it when I do. It's possibly my favourite survival horror, the tension is so much worse than cheap jump scares. I'm surprised how good it is when the developer is known for RTS (great ones at that).

It would also really benefit from a remaster, Add in higher res textures, RTGI, RTAO, RT shadows and RT reflections, I'd wager it wouldn't take Creative Assembly long to do it either.

Associate
It would also really benefit from a remaster, Add in higher res textures, RTGI, RTAO, RT shadows and RT reflections, I'd wager it wouldn't take Creative Assembly long to do it either.

Now that would be amazing, a good RT implementation would look fantastic in the kind of environments the game takes you through.

Already I can recall the horror of those clawed feet clunking on metalwork...

Soldato
Now that would be amazing, a good RT implementation would look fantastic in the kind of environments the game takes you through.

Already I can recall the horror of those clawed feet clunking on metalwork...

People have been asking CA for years to do a remaster, Implement higher res textures and RT FX but sadly it's fallen on deaf ears.

Associate
People have been asking CA for years to do a remaster, Implement higher res textures and RT FX but sadly it's fallen on deaf ears.

That's a real shame, there'd be plenty of interest in it. The sorry state of the film series can't help I imagine, the game is probably the best Alien-related release since Aliens, and I don't say that lightly (I loved the first two AvP games).

Soldato
That's a real shame, there'd be plenty of interest in it. The sorry state of the film series can't help I imagine, the game is probably the best Alien-related release since Aliens, and I don't say that lightly (I loved the first two AvP games).

If they released some dev tools to give modders access to the game properly I'm sure the community could upgrade textures and implement new FX like people have done with games like Arkham City and many other games.

Associate
If they released some dev tools to give modders access to the game properly I'm sure the community could upgrade textures and implement new FX like people have done with games like Arkham City and many other games.

That's a great point, it's impressive what the community has done with other games and this has a large cult following.

Going to set it downloading now. Is the DLC any good? I don't believe I played it.

Back
Top Bottom