Alien Isolation - possible compatibility hack on the way

Associate
Someone on the Oculus subreddit is claiming to be 85-90% of the way to getting AI back up and running on the Rift. Full details here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

Support is for the Rift with the possibility of Vive. Just making people aware of this because as he says, the Steam sale ends shortly and you might want to pick up a copy if you don't own it.

I've always said AI is the best VR experience I've ever had, so I hope this guy delivers.

Edit - it works, it rocks, it'll make you poop your pants.

---

Latest release always available from: https://github.com/Nibre/MotherVR/releases/

** Now supports both Rift and Vive **

Last edited:
Soldato
I have it on my xbox, but I don't think it deserved all the praise it got. The Alien was just annoying more than scary, so much back tracking and repeating the same thing over and over. For the first couple of hours of gameplay it was brilliant, then it just settled into humdrum and ordinary. Hear noise, hide in locker, wait...wait.. wait... Move. Pick up objective, sudden noise, hide in locker wait...wait.. wait.. move.

It got tedious. Not sure I want to pay for it on PC as well even if He somehow manages to get it playing pretty good in VR.

Associate
I actually bought AI a couple of years ago on Steam but never got around to playing. If he gets this working I'll definitely give it a go but VR horror is not my favourite genre, getting to old for jump scares!

Soldato
Somebody just crossed it over to r/vive. Thank god i noticed it before the end of the sale. Even if it doesn't pan out, a punt at £7.50 is a chance i was willing to take.

This guy pulls through, who knows what happens next.

Soldato
great great great! :D

You guys are in for a treat. This already looked good in the dk2. But with cv1 with SS enabled lol...oh my

However my cynical side says he will get slapped with an injunction from the developers/publishers just before actual release.

Soldato
great great great! :D

You guys are in for a treat. This already looked good in the dk2. But with cv1 with SS enabled lol...oh my

However my cynical side says he will get slapped with an injunction from the developers/publishers just before actual release.

He shouldn't do as it's just an injector and not really any different to any other mod out there for Alien Isolation.

Soldato
Fantastic news, imho AI is one of the greatest games of all time (not saying this lightly either) so really cool to have it in updated with VR. Cant wait!

Soldato
One reviewer described it as 'beyond terrifying' on the Rift - that's gotta be worth a go. Hope it makes it to Vive, the atmosphere in the game was excellent.

Associate
OP
One reviewer described it as 'beyond terrifying' on the Rift - that's gotta be worth a go. Hope it makes it to Vive, the atmosphere in the game was excellent.
Playing it on the DK2 is still the best VR experience I've ever had (I am an Aliens fan though). While i never rip my headset off in any game. A:I certainly made me calmly remove my Rift and go and get a nice cup of tea..

Back
Top Bottom