Alien: Isolation Trailer

Associate
Just finished it too. I found the androids more unnerving as they move silently. Really appreciated the styling of the ships interiors just like the original movie.

I was surprised to see how close you can get to the alien when hiding without it noticing you.

The Crew Expendable DLC was far too short considering the great execution of bringing the original cast on board, no pun intended.

Shame there's no opportunity to do in Ash, the slimy synthetic, grrrr.

Soldato
Playing through this now, first run though on hard was slow progress until I finally man'd up and realised I didn't have to wait for the Alien to be completely out of range before I could move. Died a fair bit in medlab. I must be on mission 9 I think so still fair way to go. Playing at night with lights out with Astro A50s just makes the experience. :D

Attention to detail is great. Shame this didn't do better on release. Curse over an overlooked classic :(

if I remember, I think this game clashed with another big release and this was the much better game that did not get the credit it deserved. Silent hit!

Man of Honour
So how much space DO you have to give the Alien? I noticed sometimes when I hide crouched somewhere in the open (i.e. not in a locker) - he'd not see me, but then other times he seemed to hear me from miles away and sprinted over to eat my face.

Soldato
About 2/3 of the way through. You can see the team really put a lot of effort into excruciatingly creating a space station within the aliens universe. Very nostalgic.

I watched prometheus before starting this:

when you find the engineer ship then venture in.

Also like the easter eggs: that guy with a rolled newspaper stuck down his throat

Once I finish this going to have an alien movie marathon. This one flew under the radar.

Soldato
I loved this game but I could not play more than an hour at a time. Lights out and 5.1 was the only way. Scared the bejesus out of me but I kept coming back for more. Think it took me a month in total to complete it.

Still trying to pluck up the courage to do the dlc

Soldato
About 2/3 of the way through. You can see the team really put a lot of effort into excruciatingly creating a space station within the aliens universe. Very nostalgic.

I watched prometheus before starting this:

when you find the engineer ship then venture in.

Also like the easter eggs: that guy with a rolled newspaper stuck down his throat

Once I finish this going to have an alien movie marathon. This one flew under the radar.

Under the radar for a lot of people. Shame because it really is something special.

Soldato
Completed this yesterday. What an experience. I've never played a survival horror before. Feel I've I've hit some imaginary milestone finishing it off!

Soldato
Completed this yesterday. What an experience. I've never played a survival horror before. Feel I've I've hit some imaginary milestone finishing it off!

I know that you mean - I really fancy another run through of it, and all the add-ons, but it feels a bit like looming housework or something - a real "awwwww, do I have to?" kind of scared feeling :D

Caporegime
Started playing it last night for the second time now it's getting darker at 9-ish. I know when the alien's coming on which levels but I'm still creeping about with my heart in my mouth and adrenaline surges. This time I want to explore every nook and cranny and get those Nostromo logs which I was too scared to get previously (as it meant backtracking and encountering the alien more than you needed to). But it's only on easy mode so I should have plenty of flamethrower fuel.

Caporegime
I definitely think the alien spends more time in the vents on easy difficulty.

I've just done medical and it barely appeared. I managed to walk around investigating all the rooms quite freely. No running, of course!

Back
Top Bottom