Aliens Fireteam

Soldato
Myself and 2 friends recently picked this up to play as a 3-way coop. Initially when I heard the name "Aliens: Fireteam" I groaned... But they talked me into it.

Actually - I think it's lots of fun! we basically just jumped straight in and played it, it's actually a good laugh. Sure it has a few issues, but we don't really care - we just played it, and it's heaps of fun.

Associate
really enjoying this game so far - turning off the highlights on the aliens is a must. Makes it harder but looks great after that!

Me too, it is a really good game - especially if you play in co-op. There is free new content coming out this week as well. I hope the game is a success, because it deserves to be. It's great fun, decent price point and free content soon after launch.

Soldato
Yep, been having a great time with a couple of mates on this.
It just needs more continuing story missions and definitely a load more horde maps with a bit more variety and refinement of the enemy types and bosses, along with some added play mechanics in that mode. Anyone who's played lots of GoW horde (especially 3 + 4) knows what I mean.

All in all, it's pretty much what I was expecting. A fun co-op blast em up with some good weapons and class perks/skill trees.

Soldato
It just needs more continuing story missions and definitely a load more horde maps with a bit more variety and refinement of the enemy types and bosses, along with some added play mechanics in that mode. Anyone who's played lots of GoW horde (especially 3 + 4) knows what I mean.

Yeah 100%,

Many of the maps I actually quite enjoyed, but it felt like there could have been way more content. I mean we finished the whole campaign and did the horde mode a few times, in 3 moderate-length evening sessions (3x way coop). I hope they bring out lots more content, because I was quite surprised at how much fun I found it.

Soldato
They are currently working on more storyline missions, horde maps and gameplay additions etc, so yay. These should all be free DLC, with paid stuff being mostly cosmetic upgrades :)

For those worried about ultrawide support, worry not. My mate installed it the other day and had no issues:

Whats-App-Image-2021-09-09-at-22-57-42.jpg

Soldato
Looks like there are issues in the pic - too zoomed in! :p Vert- instead of Hor+
You may have a point :p
Here's a pic from the same angle at 16:9. Looks like it's basically cropped it on a 32:9. Oh well... :cry:

Endeavor-Win64-Shipping-2021-09-11-17-20-51-228.jpg

It is a very average game, go down corridor's kill the odd alien come to big room kill lots of aliens, rinse and repeat. :p
Were you led to believe it would be something else? :p The same goes for more or less any other game of it's genre.
Are you playing solo and/or using the poor matchmaking system? If so, find some friends, get on voice chat, level up and raise the difficulty.

Soldato
Were you led to believe it would be something else? :p The same goes for more or less any other game of it's genr.
That maybe so but it does not make anymore than an average game.

you playing solo and/or using the poor matchmaking system? If so, find some friends, get on voice chat, level up and raise the difficulty.
How does any of that improve the game?

To be honest I knew little of the game before buying and as I got it cheap then being average is fine as a filler.

Associate
Have you played it on anything higher than standard difficulty Kronos - if not I think you should. The perk system and customization of the guns are also pretty good. I have had a blast with it and with free content on the way it will only get better.

Soldato
How does any of that improve the game?
The gameplay is a lot deeper than it first appears. If you're just running through on standard with the bots, you're missing out.
As the above poster says, the perk and weapon customisation system can have a great effect on how you play, depending on the class you choose - especially at higher difficulties and/or in horde.

You WILL need to coordinate with the people you're playing with and use your character's weapon build and class abilities accordingly and synergistically with your team mates.

I shouldn't really need to explain how co-op gameplay experience is far better when playing with mates in voice chat :)

Man of Honour
Its a rubbish single player experience though.

I expect it is but I'd be an idiot to play it single player, I'd play it exclusively with friends. I just dont see it as a single player game, same as I dont see Destiny, Remnant from the Ashes, ,GTFO or Deep Rock Galactic as single player games. To me it, like those above, is designed to be played with friends despite technically being able to all be played solo

Back
Top Bottom