alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Associate
mines arrived and all seem good. going from a 1080p 21" to this monster is OMFG OMFG..lol. :)

That's much how I'm feeling right now, what a beaut' this thing is. Ran a couple of games to try it out and my GTX 970 seems to be keeping up OK - which is a relief
My ~10 year old 24" NEC 24WMGX3 is now sat hooked up next to it on my secondary PC and it's looking positively tiny and ancient in comparison.

Delighted with the purchase

Associate
What's the distance from the back of the screen to the wall?
Looks to be ~150mm from back of the monitor to the rear of the stand

How long did it stay as processing for people?
Ordered mine at 9pm, got a delivery confirmation 9am, delivery attempted 24 hours after that - it was all quite quick

Should be pretty damn incredible when you pickup one of the new gen cards to go with it :cool:
I'm pretty blown away as it is, the FoV increase is extraordinary.
I thought Firewatch would be the game that sold it for me, but weirdly it was Lego Marvel Superheroes looking over the side of the Helicarrier onto Manhattan that did it.

Associate
got myself into a pickle. saw the deal at £799 so ordered 2 to make a 3 screen setup. then saw how to get 20% off so cancelled my first order (or so i thought) and re ordered with 20% discount so paid £640 per screen. but this morning got delivery details for all 4. good job its free returns under the 14days which i confirmed with dell. just got to wait now for 2 to be collected but will see if i can refuse the £799 ones. great deal £640 thanks for who posted about the NHS discount.

Associate
i've just been messing with mine a little and set a black background. but while moving the cursor in a circular motion(not too fast) there becomes a white glow in the area the cursor went (strange?) but enen stranger is if i carry on with the same motion a black line appears where the cursor actually was.. (a bit like moving your finger through sugar...the white glow at the start is bigger and fills the whole circle area about 2-3 inches) it's kinda like using spary paint in paint but it fades after a second.. does this happen with anyone else?

Associate
Guys, I'm going to go for this deal. My only worry is my 980ti. Has anyone experienced this monitor with one? I understand ultra settings might not be possible but hope high settings will be ok?

Thanks

Matt

Soldato
Seemed to have hit a spot of bad luck. Orders on hold and they can't say why, so they said they'd chase it up and ship it out today and hasn't happened. Gonna give a ring tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom