ALL My Data Recovered!

Associate
Following on from my previous post about losing my data on a WD secondary HD. Curry's PCW contacted me, by email and phone 6 July to say ALL my files were recovered from my failed drive and is ready for collection. They are only about 10 minutes drive away. I was given a brand new Maxtor portable SATA USB2/3 drive, plus my old failed drive returned. ALL my files are now back, with photos of my lost partner. Of course I HAVE learned the lesson from this, and I now have loads of back-ups on 2 portable HDs plus 'Cloud' back-ups. I was disappointed by some very negative and unsympathetic comments on my original post. However, most comments were positive and I THANK all those ones. Things in life do not always turn out as you expect, and instead of having a negative prediction, let us say, WAIT and SEE!

Soldato
Excellent news. The only negativity was towards the people you chose to use - they don't have a good reputation and everyone was concerned for you getting such important info back.

I didn't even know the purple shirts offered this kind of service!

Knowing some of the clowns who used to work there, i'm amazed they can offer something quite advanced as data recovery.

Soldato
I didn't even know the purple shirts offered this kind of service!

Knowing some of the clowns who used to work there, i'm amazed they can offer something quite advanced as data recovery.

It'll be like everything else and sent out to some company to do it for them, I'm intrigued how much they charged OP for this service can't imagine it'll have been market prices with their markup on.

Soldato
It'll be like everything else and sent out to some company to do it for them, I'm intrigued how much they charged OP for this service can't imagine it'll have been market prices with their markup on.

Yeah i read OP's other thread, looks like they charged him £140, and it was shipped out to some other company.

So yeah, OP's statement wasn't very clear.

Associate
Often times "Data Recovery" is simply running Recuva or similar on the drive.

Proper data recovery with the likes of Ontrack costs around a grand. Ideally a drive should be imaged and recovered from that rather than the actual drive. That's been my experience anyway. A full sector by sector clone using Acronis or the like, and then recovering from that. Glad you got your stuff back though. BACKUPS, BACKUPS BACKUPS!

The "techies" in PC world where i live, are basically just students. No real IT knowledge other than "i7's are much better than i5's and i3's are crap"

Associate
OP
Yes, it was £140 inc. VAT, no extra charges. I think some of you guys are right. I should have not been so hasty and done more research before choosing a recovery service. Thanks for all the sound advice, and I should have taken a bit more note. This will never happen again, back-ups galore.

Back
Top Bottom