"Allergic" to fish - dilema.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Some years ago I developed an allergy to white fish. It makes me vomit basically, but quite badly and drawn out. Last time I was bedridden for a couple of days and it took me a long time to recover so I've avoided fish completely for a number of years.

Seafood is fine and I eat a fair bit of it, though the fish that makes me sick has a particular taste that I recognise and scallops have that taste, so I have avoided them just in case.

The strange thing is I can eat smoked salmon and anchovies with no problems. I only eat these because I know in between the times of the bad experiences with white fish I'd been eating them and they didn't affect me. I'm suspecting that oily fish might be ok but I haven't had the guts to try fresh salmon or tuna in case of an unpleasant reaction.

So I'm at the point now where I'm missing a few old regulars from my diet; mainly tuna. I have a tin in the cupboard, I have a day off work, I have mayonnaise and granary bread. Wish me luck...

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
maybe its certain types of fish
That's what I'm hoping. I don't really miss white fish all that much, except delicious crisp delicious fried delicious fish fingers in between two thick buttered slices of white bread and a lick of ketchup...

but I digress

Yeah white fish definitely does me in but it would be cool if I can eat tuna and occasionally fresh salmon. Annoyingly the doctor won't do an allergy test. They just say avoid fish :(

1 hr 28 mins to go.

Associate
Annoyingly the doctor won't do an allergy test. They just say avoid fish :(

I have the same problems with Doctors. It's known that my family (me included) have some form of Wheat or Gluten problem, however they wont put us forward for tests. They basically just say avoid anything that could contain it....which is pretty much EVERYTHING (seems like it)!

Good luck with the sarnie!

Capodecina
Soldato
That's what I'm hoping. I don't really miss white fish all that much, except delicious crisp delicious fried delicious fish fingers in between two thick buttered slices of white bread and a lick of ketchup...

but I digress

Yeah white fish definitely does me in but it would be cool if I can eat tuna and occasionally fresh salmon. Annoyingly the doctor won't do an allergy test. They just say avoid fish :(

1 hr 28 mins to go.

It would be exceptionally funny if this were the last post you ever made.

Back
Top Bottom