Alloy Wheel Cleaner?

Soldato
interesting, funnily enough I've been thinking about giving the car a proper full on clean, and was wondering about my wheels as I needed some better cleaner, I have wonder wheels, which im going to try

Look out for acidic vs non acidic wheel cleaners. The acidic ones, e.g. AutoGlym clean wheels, is great for getting off heavy embed dirt/brake dust.

Billberry etc is also good for a weekly wash and safer to use. I would advise you not to use acidic wheel cleaners often. :)

Soldato
Soldato
Bilberry Cleaner, whilst good, is very 2005. It's all about the Iron X now with a cursory wipe over after with a mix of dilute bilberry.

Iron X will literally change your world....

Associate
So, what's the best wheel sealant to use? How long does it last? It's not something I currently use.

Once the wheels have been decontaminated a wax like fk1000p will give a few months durability.

I currently just spray them with C2V3 and only have to wash them a brush and shampoo - though I will need to give it a top up soon.

A more permanent solution is something like C5 Wheel Armour.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Bilberry is good but for the absolute best using a product available in the high street I've found Comma to work better. Just use the rubber glove and avoid any skin contact as it does burn!

comma_before-after.jpg

Bilberry couldn't get the same result. It's better to be used during the weekly wash but if brake dust and grime builds up you'll find something stronger like Comma is needed.

Associate
Bilberry is good but for the absolute best using a product available in the high street I've found Comma to work better. Just use the rubber glove and avoid any skin contact as it does burn!

Bilberry couldn't get the same result. It's better to be used during the weekly wash but if brake dust and grime builds up you'll find something stronger like Comma is needed.

IronX would get that without the harm unlike the comma acidic based wheel cleaner. It's okay to use it few times but if you like your clearcoat I'd minimise the use of it.

Back
Top Bottom