Am i being thick?

Associate
Just got a Phanteks Eclipse P400a case for new build,it arrived first so im having a look at it and usual connections,audio,usb front panel header etc, all fine and dandy.

I see the 3 pin fan cables from the fans also the rgb pins to go to mobo,but i thought there would be a wee hub for the fan cables to go to seeing as theres 3 of them,am i missing something here?
Or do have to use 3 seperate fan headers on the mobo plus the rgb one for the leds lights,there is a fan controller under the top of the case for 3 speed settings.
Anyone else have the case and using the supplied fans?

Been over 6 yrs since i built a pc so be kind!
TIA

Associate
OP
On the mobo ive ordered it has "hybrid" fan headers,3 or 4 pin,so thats not an issue,looking at it again i have to connect the d rgb to the led header on the board,near the bottom i think.
▷ Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570… | OcUK,but, if i have 3 led fans to connect (all 3 pin) can i get a 3 or 4 pin pwm 3 way splitter and just use 1 of the board headers ,just to keep it tidy looking?
Cheers

Soldato
Digital rgb goes to 3 pin 5v header
Not 4 pin 12v rgb header
They may be right next to each other so look carefully
I don't like putting more than 2 fans on a header
Due to start up power of fans being higher than once running
But if doing 3 look for a pump or high amp header would be my choice
Lot of boards have them now
Gives 2A even 3A on some
Rather than usual 1A
Not saying you wouldn't get away with 3 on 1A just I prefer not to

Associate
OP
ive ordered a 3 pin 3 way splitter,ill use cpu fan optional,meant to be for AIO for one of the fans and the 3 way to take other 2,need main cpu fan header for my air cooler,im sure ill figure it out
Thanks for the info

Soldato
ive ordered a 3 pin 3 way splitter,ill use cpu fan optional,meant to be for AIO for one of the fans and the 3 way to take other 2,need main cpu fan header for my air cooler,im sure ill figure it out
Thanks for the info
A read of the user manual is a good idea
The putting the addressable led header right next to the standard led header is a bit silly really
Especially since they are similar just that 1 pin is missing for the addressable to make it 5v

Back
Top Bottom