Am I overracting? Boots adverts

Nix

Nix

Soldato
the only adverts i hate is the ice-land advert, GO Compare, and women sanitary towels.

I don't know. Iceland has its moments.

Iceland.jpg

Caporegime
Pretty much every house-hold cleaning product has adverts that make men (superficially dads) out to be bumbling morons whilst mum is some super-woman.

If that were the case, then why did she settle for a fat loser, hmmmm? ;)

EDIT - LMAO at the above pic!

Caporegime
Since the dawn of time TV ads have made men out to be morons and women superior.

No, no it hasn't

Typically items marketed at men are sold with bimbos in bikinis in the back ground/general sexy ladies, and products marketed at our constipated incontinent other half's are sold on the "men won't find you attractive unless you buy this" line.

With lots of comedy crap in-between on both sides.

Caporegime
No, no it hasn't

Typically items marketed at men are sold with bimbos in bikinis in the back ground/general sexy ladies, and products marketed at our constipated incontinent other half's are sold on the "men won't find you attractive unless you buy this" line.

With lots of comedy crap in-between on both sides.

With the caveat for mother and father, the man is always a buffoon.

Associate
Its not just adverts. Most TV programmes are aimed more at Women nowa days and make men out to be useless idiots for the most part.

More worrying i find is that when watching some Childrens programmes with my Daughter the concept of men being useless tards while the Mother being Super Woman.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;18002626 said:
You should hit them with your manbag :D

For a second there I thought you were referring to his scrotum.

And if the boot was on the other foot, all hell would break loose.

True.

People complain about far less all the time.

I don't think many people agree with you or care about this particular 'offense' to males but that doesn't mean you have any less right to complain if you so wish.

Edit: I have heard these adverts quite frequently on the radio and I do :rollseyes: when I hear them. Though I guess they're just tring to appeal to their target market group, at mens expense, which probably works.

Last edited:
All the adverts condesending men are countered by all the side-boobs we see in shampoo/soap/moisturiser adverts.

If you want equality, then the women in adverts are going to have to put their wobbly bits away. Either that, or gilette adverts will have to feature partially exposed testicles.

Caporegime
All the adverts condesending men are countered by all the side-boobs we see in shampoo/soap/moisturiser adverts.

If you want equality, then the women in adverts are going to have to put their wobbly bits away. Either that, or gilette adverts will have to feature partially exposed testicles.

hey typically the Gillette adverts have the bloke completely topless.

I think for equality we need to get some front boob :p

Soldato
Only thing that annoys me about Boots adverts is how they have adopted the 'Here Come The Girls' song for their own. Charlie Brooker said something quite funny about it last year in one of his Screenwipe shows, but I can't find it on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom