Amazon delivery "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months." What?!

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting a Samsung PS50C680G5 from Amazon.co.uk but for delivery it says "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months." Surely this can't be right?!

Flare.

Permabanned
if thats what it says, why do u expect it to come any quicker? this usually means they are out of stock and have to order them in

Soldato
Means it's out of stock, or it's in stock but it's in the warehouse 'manned' by snails and other slow-moving creatures.

Soldato
OP
Ok so it may be out of stock but the main thing i have with it is that it says "Usually" which gives me no clue as to how long it will take until i get it.

Associate
So, the distance-selling company you're thinking of buying from is vague about delivery times, which appear to be very slow anyway, and when you have tried to contact them you gave up because you were on hold for so long ...

... and you're still considering sending them money for a product?

Go with your instincts, bro.

Soldato
I have tried but i was on hold for quite a long time so just up...

They are going to be flooded with people trying to find out where their Xmas orders are.

Probably not the best time to be inquiring as to whether they have stock... infact, it's probably the worst possible day of all.

Soldato
So, the distance-selling company you're thinking of buying from is vague about delivery times, which appear to be very slow anyway, and when you have tried to contact them you gave up because you were on hold for so long ...

... and you're still considering sending them money for a product?

Go with your instincts, bro.

You make it sound like Amazon are a bunch of charlatans. If you want the cheap deal maybe just accept it will take a couple of months.

Associate
I will email them but the offer for this TV is only on until 23.59 and i don't expect a quick reply with the time it is and it being Christmas eve!

Amazon only charge on dispatch. Why not order it today, and see what the situation is once they're back to work post-Xmas?

Associate
You make it sound like Amazon are a bunch of charlatans.

I know they're an established and trusted seller, but ultimately this is a lot of money to spend on an item - and knowing in advance that getting in touch with them is problematic, regardless of the time of year, the weather etc, is just a red flag to me. I'm all in favour of buying online, but having a potential customer on hold to the point that they give up - that's shoddy. That's the service given to the OP when he was considering handing them a load of money for a product. What will the service be like once they have his money, and he is sitting at home waiting for a delayed delivery, or trying to arrange a replacement for a faulty item?

Established and well-reputed maybe, but so far this transaction is making the guy's balls ache - why go further down that path?

Soldato
OP
Snip...

Established and well-reputed maybe, but so far this transaction is making the guy's balls ache - why go further down that path?

Exactly, my poor balls :(
Aha.

I had spent a lot of time picking a TV and i had decided on this one because it is a very good offer but i'm not willing to splash out over £800 which could take months to get to me because quite frankly that is ridiculous for such an established business of Amazon's reputation.

Soldato
I know they're an established and trusted seller, but ultimately this is a lot of money to spend on an item - and knowing in advance that getting in touch with them is problematic, regardless of the time of year, the weather etc, is just a red flag to me. I'm all in favour of buying online, but having a potential customer on hold to the point that they give up - that's shoddy. That's the service given to the OP when he was considering handing them a load of money for a product. What will the service be like once they have his money, and he is sitting at home waiting for a delayed delivery, or trying to arrange a replacement for a faulty item?

Yes but he is trying to order an item when everyone has basically shut up shop for what is the biggest public holiday of the year.

As I already said once, Amazon is likely to have a ridiculous level of calls volume right now as they will have thousands of people calling up to find out whether the presents they ordered were going to be delivered today.

Although I don't know the figures, I'd argue that they probably have their highest volumes of calls ever right now with the way the weather has been.

On another note, would many smaller retailers be any different?
You either would struggle to get through or they would have gone home.

At the end of the day he is trying to order an item (which they have given a rough estimate of out of stock for sometime) at what is traditionally now past the end of trading on a major public holiday. Maybe just wait until Xmas is over, it's not like he is going to get anytime soon. Even if they had stock, do you really think it would be picked for dispatch and posted tomorrow....

Man of Honour
Ok so it may be out of stock but the main thing i have with it is that it says "Usually" which gives me no clue as to how long it will take until i get it.

It always says usually. Even if it's instock, it'll say usually dispatched in 1 day. Often get this with hard to find books.

Back
Top Bottom