Amazon prime vs Netflix which is better ?

Commissario
I've got both and they're slightly different things.

Netflix has a wider range of film and TV (and a far better interface that does things like automatically select the best version for your display), but Prime video is effectively a freebie that goes with the delivery, having said that it has some very good original content of it's own, things like sport and music, and some different materials.

Probably the biggest complaint I have with Prime video is the UI, and the fact that if you do a search for something it'll potentially give you 3 results for the same thing in SD, HD, and UHD, often with the UHD well beyond the the first result so you end up watching the lower res version (until you realise then have to manually tell it what episode to start playing the HD or UHD version at).

Soldato
I unsubbed from NF last month as I just didn't use it enough and I'm sick of their laggy autoplaying UI being forced upon us (Roku3). I also use Prime but as mentioned the UI is a messy affair but its manageable with a bit of patience for the most part.

Associate
I have both and likely continue. I don't pay for Sky.

Netflix, Narcos was an example of an excellent series, typically for films, Netflix is usually my choice.

I purchase Prime mainly for the postage; films and audio are a bonus. However there are exclusives (Man in the High Castle, Bosch) which are excellent. I like history documentaries and euro films. Prime has a wider choice (appreciate I am in the minority) when compared to Netflix.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've literally only watched Grand Tour on Prime Video. I watch stuff on Netflix almost every day.
Same. I rarely fire up the Prime Video app and when I do I remember why... the interface is terrible and finding shows beyond the top level of recommendations is awful.

Soldato
Same. I rarely fire up the Prime Video app and when I do I remember why... the interface is terrible and finding shows beyond the top level of recommendations is awful.

It frustrates me that they still keep the 4K / UHD stuff in it's own category instead of doing it how Netflix does and giving you the best version when you click play. Every year Bosch comes out I have to dance round the menus to find the previous season in the 4k section, go into that then click back on seasons to get the latest season that way instead of being able to click on the none 4k version that will pop up on the home screen.

Back
Top Bottom