• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

amd 64 help in backplate removal

Soldato
FrostFox said:
To attach the backplate it had like double sided tape on it and I removed the protective cover and attached it to the mobo

You can say what u like but I had to fit my backplate and retention frame to the mobo, I know cause I had to do it!!! and it came with the cpu!

Ah its S754, with 939 you get the bracket.

But according to this picture: http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1082350875lk8SrXrQq3_1_4_l.jpg

the backplate comes with the motherboard.

With 939 the bracket comes with the mobo...

Associate
OP
Concorde Rules said:
Ah its S754, with 939 you get the bracket.

But according to this picture: http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1082350875lk8SrXrQq3_1_4_l.jpg

the backplate comes with the motherboard.

With 939 the bracket comes with the mobo...

Yeah soz for that , thought I had mentioned it was skt 754, It might come with a bracket now, but whenI got mine 2 yrs ago bracket and retention frame had to be fitted manually.

Man of Honour
I had the same Cpu, socket 754 A64 3400+ with the same motherboard, MSI K8N Neo Platinum and built it in mid 2004 and the motherboard already had the retention bracket on it. All that came with the retail cpu was the heatsink itself.

I really don't think you will need it. As already stated, it's not worth anything and all motherboards will come with them anyway. Not really worth the hassle of removing it. If it really bothers you and the mobo's dead try using a screwdriver to prise it off.

Associate
OP
pastymuncher said:
I really don't think you will need it. As already stated, it's not worth anything and all motherboards will come with them anyway. Not really worth the hassle of removing it. If it really bothers you and the mobo's dead try using a screwdriver to prise it off.

Thx thats what i needed to know ty

Back
Top Bottom