• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

This is a warning to all members, we have everything in place, 1pc per customer, UK only customers, DDOS & BOT protection and everything else enabled to ensure these cards only go to gamers are all active and ready.

HOWEVER!!!

Stock is extremely limited, we literally have a few hundred cards across the 6800 series and we expect to sell out and over sell today due to current volumes of people on our website.

As such please respect we are likely to oversell as our website cannot pull the product fast enough if 1000+ all try to order at once.

As it is unknown if we will get more of the MBA cards we shall be automatically cancelling/refunding orders which oversell, we know this is fustrating but this is a LIMITED PRODUCT and though our website will take the product down the simple fact is if 1000+ try to order at once the website may not pull it quick enough.

I wish you all the best of luck in getting one!

They shall be live at 2pm, maybe a couple of minutes before hand. ;)

Also there shall be a variety of new models available to pre-order next week on 25th, also at 2pm, again these shall be pre-orders.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Any over sales will be cancelled automatically and refunded so please do not contact CS, just wait for shipping notification or cancellation email for either the good or bad news.

On the new models coming soon I have ordered close to 50,000 units, so here is hoping we get some this side of Christmas.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just got shipping notice. My order went through at "Date ordered: 18/11/2020 14:37:21"

Goods Shipped:

£499.99 x 1 - Powercolor Radeon RX 6800 MBA 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card *VERY LIMITED STOCK*

We have some more of these spare, those who want one, I shall post on the forum tomorrow in the morning to give you a heads up before I enable the order button, so hopefully forum members can grab one if they so wish.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Shipment update:

Powercolor 6800 XT, all stock has now shipped, we are not expecting to get more, but if we do it shall be a very small amount but looking unlikelty.
Sapphire 6800 XT, all stock has now shipped, we are not expecting any more.

Powercolor 6800, all orders have shipped, we have some spare, these will be available to order tomorrow, I shall post a hint tomorrow morning on the forum as to what time to give forum members a better chance of getting one.
Sapphire 6800, all orders have shipped, we have a large amount spare, these will be available to order tomorrow, I shall post a hint tomorrow morning on the forum as to what time to give forum members a better chance of getting one.

This launch like previous ones has being hugely fustrating, all caused by massive lack of supply. The additional model varieties will go live on our website next Wednesday after 2pm and throughout the day to try and stop the mad rush, but all shall be pre-order with no physical stock which is not expected until end of November / December and again it is small volumes of stock.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just stop the scalpers they were there today look at the EBAY accounts just get a grip.

Our CS teams monitor the forums and ebay, from the post here and from cards listed on ebay if they were found to be orders from OcUK they got cancelled, we actively monitor that as such and take action, of course its impossible to prevent it all because a regular customer or regular forum member could order a card and if they got one and once delivered could then do as they wish with it. But the ones who list on ebay before we have shipped goods are certainly the ones we can do something about and we do take action.

OcUK Staff
OP
If gouging's the case i will no longer be buying stuff off Overclocker's, No wonder @Gibbo drives around in a Ferrari!

I do not benefit if we sell at -5% or at 50% (we don't make 50% on any component by the way, we do make -5% though sometimes, but rarely, thats mainly when clearing old lines), no purchaser in OcUK operates on a commission-based system and there is no profit share schemes of any kind, that I swear on with my own life and my families, of course you still may wish to not believe it but that is the truth. Staff earn money from their job and whatever other sources of income they may have and how they spend their cash is upto them.

The SUGGESTED retail price is exactly that, and the suggested price was single digit margin before we even took into account the cost to run the company and with how much work these launches create if they are not profitable it's pointless and as the saying goes the customer can shop elsewhere if they are unhappy with OcUK price. We could have listed the 6800 XT at £1499 and sold them all 10x over, but we made it fair and our margin was under 15% before taking into account operating cost which on a product that is extremely limited with huge demand and no supply we felt our price was fair.

These style launches are causing absolute havoc, in my 20 years I have never seen such poor supply or such outrageous demand, in launches of the past we would be absolutely shocked if we sold even close to 1000 cards in the first day and normally we'd have a solid 500+ on hand for a launch, remember I use to build huge pyramids and castles and normally the stock would not sell out or would at least take a few days to do so.

Now we can sell 10,000+ cards in a day and have less than a few hundred for the launch, demand has gone up 10x fold, supply is lower, the two don't go together, its deeply fustrating for ourselves just as it is our customers as we just wish the manufacturers would postpone the launches until they had much larger inventories built up and were also setting much more realistic MSRP's for both resellers and board partners to make a living from. Think it over there is a reason why custom cards from both green and red team cost a lot more than the launch editions so to speak.

For those interested in a 6800 (NONE XT), the surplus stock will go live tomorrow morning, the time I shall post tomorrow to help ensure forum members get the lead on getting one. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo This launch certainly has been crazy, can't imagine what it is like for you guys having thousands of people want to buy from you and having hardly any new cards to sell.
Because you will be selling these extremely quickly I assume there would be no restocking fee when I refuse my delivery tomorrow? (6800xt) and return it? decided I will wait for a 3080 instead.

Your customer rights remain, so it will be as per usual and RMA/CS team will sort you out, sorry I cannot give more detail but I keep away from the other areas of the business as my head is a total mess trying to deal with these none stop launches which at the moment are just causing mayhem, in Oct/Nov NVIDIA have released several GPU's with very poor supply, AMD released CPU's with poor supply, AMD released GPU's with very poor supply, lockdown happened causing huge demand, Black Friday is here causing demand, their is a general component shortage and in general not a single employee in OcUK is having an easy time right now, everyone is working at 110% and under heavy stress, it really seems like everything is trying to happen at once instead of trying to spread it out across the other months of the year its all being squeezed into a couple.

We cannot complain because obviously business is booming, but I think I say this for all the staff we will be glad to see the back of 2020 and hope 2021 will be a more normal year and that manufacturers will learn from these product launches and the havoc they cause and come up with a better way of doing it.

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK Staff
OP
Guys this product shall be made available to order at 10:30am this morning, we have 65pc in stock so do not expect to last long.

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 MBA 16GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card *VERY LIMITED STOCK* @ £599.99 inc VAT

21305-01-20G, *VERY LIMITED STOCK*, more cards shall be available from 25th November to pre-order, 2yr Warranty.
Only £599.99 inc VAT.
ORDER NOW - Available at 10:30am

DO NOT POST THIS INFO ANYWHERE ELSE, it is for OcUK forums ONLY!

Now live, sorry its late.

OcUK Staff
OP
65 6800s lasted over 30minutes on the store, at £70 above the rrp. Those cards are now off the scalpers list of easy money as very few were snapping them up at that price.
Now if a scalper buys at "rrp" they might make £70 on a 6800 not including any fees.

Our general customer base had no idea we had them, the only official stating we had them was here on this forum. They had sold within 30 mins without the company even trying to sell them. If we made an announcement stating we had them they would have sold within a minute or two. We kept it quiet so the people who wanted one on the forum could get one.

We expect another 100pc of each Powercolor and Sapphire 6800 NONE XT due next week, these will be made available to order next week when they arrive.

OcUK Staff
OP
It’s a miraculous coincidence that 65 cards just managed to end not being sold yesterday despite huge demand, then today they go up for sale with a healthy price increase.

That’s your forum loyalty for you guys.

They were £599 yesterday, they were £599 today, the price has not changed on OcUK on any 6800 series cards since launch, we are just not at suggested price.

All cards got pulled yesterday due to overload and so it was done to do our best to prevent selling too many, as it turns out most of the ordering was on XT versions, hence some none XT were left which were made available on the quiet to forum members if they wanted one.

All our 6800 stock is now sold out but we have 100 each more of 6800 NONE XT due next week, these again won't be changing in price, shall still be £599.

OcUK Staff
OP
I see the stock 10+ when placing order, but after now shows no stock
this card be for my 2nd PC that got an old GTX 1070

@Gibbo did I get this card showed 10+ in stock payment now done Order received - processing payment

You should have one yes, I pulled the ability for customers to order whilst my system was still showing 25 left, it is now currently showing 13 left, but there are still some orders to download.
If worse case you did not, there is another 100pc arriving next week which would cover your order but I think you will get one from this batch as I believe we have not oversold. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
The very least you could do was to offer to the 800 you have taken money from first (I didn't order so doesn't affect me).

You freely admit that you have issues with the site which caused this but could easily have been addressed to an extent by limiting the concurrent users on the site at the time, to sell a few percent more cards would have been acceptable but 400% more is extremely poor. Instead you have alienated another 800 people to go with the thousands on the 3000 series launch.

As explained by ScottiB there is simply not the man power.
We have made it clear to every single customer who ordered an XT there order is getting cancelled/refunded, so there is no option to change, that has been actioned.

Those who ordered and wanted a 6800 none XT can very easily have ordered one earlier or can order one next week if they wish and all the people who ordered one yesterday, GOT ONE!

We simply do not have the man power and yes our website/systems have caused us issues but unfortunately changing our entire backend, webshop and then training all the departments on how to use it takes months to roll out if not a year plus and this has been underway since before the 3080 launch but its a slow process and we have done all we can since that launch to try and improve what we have and though its still not ideal the 6800 launch has gone smoother for us.

The simple fact is AMD shipped us less than 100 XT's and in the couple of minutes window the order button was live we sold a lot more and all those oversold orders have and are being cancelled/refunded as we speak. Until our new systems are operational which won't be until next year we have to do the best with what we have and yes its not good enough at the moment when manufacturers release products knowing full well the demand and then have next to no supply.

Its not an OcUK issue, it is worldwide, trying to buy a 3080 online today is still practically impossible two months after the launch in the world, its more luck than anything.

OcUK Staff
OP
OK guys on the Sapphire 6800 NONE XT we have oversold by 19 units it looks like.

You have two options.
Drop a post in CS forum to change your order to Powercolor version and get it despatched this week as we have 20 in stock.
Or wait until next week when our additional 100pc of Sapphire 6800 NONE XT land and your order will automatically ship out.

OcUK Staff
OP
C'mon mate. To be fair that's much better than 3080 situation and people have more choices: refund, swap, or wait one week. Credit where credit is due.

Thank you, those 19 can wait, change their order or get a refund.

The problem is really simple, absolutely insane crazy levels of demand with absolute no stock.
I ordered 50,000 cards, were getting handfuls, I am ordering the correct amounts for the demand we have, the manufacturers simply cannot even come close.

Back
Top Bottom