1Tb Seagate
640gb WD Caviar Black
500gb Hitatchi
loads of prolimatech red vortex's 120 + 140's
Akasa Apaches
24inch Benq
Ozone Strike
Sennheiser 320 headset

So yeah.....we can all spend a fair bit on an AMD rig. I dunno whether to go Piledriver or just all out on an Intel rig...hmm hmm hmm.

What kind of temps are you getting oliver? I'm doing 4ghz @ 44c (will do 24hr prime95 test tomorrow, was stable for the 2 hours I had). Bulldozers temps are a bit different tho......so.............

Associate
OP
Corsair C70 Vengeance Case
AMD Zosma 960T unlocked to 6 core @ 4ghz
ASUS Crosshair V Formula / Thunderbolt
EVGA 580SC
8GB Vengeance LP RAM
WC loop
128gb Sandisk Extreme SSD
1Tb Seagate
640gb WD Caviar Black
500gb Hitatchi
loads of prolimatech red vortex's 120 + 140's
Akasa Apaches
24inch Benq
Ozone Strike
Sennheiser 320 headset

So yeah.....we can all spend a fair bit on an AMD rig. I dunno whether to go Piledriver or just all out on an Intel rig...hmm hmm hmm.

What kind of temps are you getting oliver? I'm doing 4ghz @ 44c (will do 24hr prime95 test tomorrow, was stable for the 2 hours I had). Bulldozers temps are a bit different tho......so.............

Hello, I am getting 61'C Prime95 for 8 hours @ 4.6Ghz. Note this is with the Corsair H80, I never used the standard cooler, I opened it and just laughed at the quality. The bracket did not seem stable at all. One of the reasons if got a H80 with the build :)

Im reapplying thermal paste this weekend. I suppose i was excited before and didn't do a good enough job. The H80 comes with some on but I put a little of another brand on the CPU. I applied it rather badly, so im sure I can get an extra 4-5'c cooler on load :)

Caporegime

Are you monitoring core temps? 44c at 4GHZ hex sounds unrealistic.
If you are measuring core temps, you're doing it wrong.

Almost 2 years we've been telling people not to measure the core temps, and people still do.

Soldato
So you applied more Thermal Paste of a different brand on top of what Corsair put on the H80?

If so, yes, clean it all off both the CPU and the cooler then re-apply.

Associate
OP
Heh that's what I read. Apply it all for double the cooling powah!

At the time I was using a guide just to make sure I did not miss anything. After reading on here I realized. My temps are not bad at all. 61'C Prime 95 for an entire afternoon. constantly fluxuated between 60-61'C so im in no rush to take it apart and redo, but i have time this weekend so ill get it done then :)

Soldato
Hello, I am getting 61'C Prime95 for 8 hours @ 4.6Ghz. Note this is with the Corsair H80, I never used the standard cooler, I opened it and just laughed at the quality. The bracket did not seem stable at all. One of the reasons if got a H80 with the build :)

Im reapplying thermal paste this weekend. I suppose i was excited before and didn't do a good enough job. The H80 comes with some on but I put a little of another brand on the CPU. I applied it rather badly, so im sure I can get an extra 4-5'c cooler on load :)

Ah well you have a bulldozer, so temps are not comparable. However in regards to the paste, it might make a 4-5c change. Am sure you'll find out :p

Are you monitoring core temps? 44c at 4GHZ hex sounds unrealistic.
If you are measuring core temps, you're doing it wrong.

Almost 2 years we've been telling people not to measure the core temps, and people still do.

:( Oh Noes.....

Lol, yeah I do know. Because I have an unlocked x4 960T (now x6), you don't actually get core temps..well you do, but as mine read 0c....I think I'll ignore those.

1 x 280mm rad + 1 x 240mm rad = lush temps as I'm only cooling the CPU atm. Might be a touch warmer when I introduce the block for the 580 tho... Will prob add another 120mm rad then as well. Just to be sure :D

Associate
OP
Update!

Now have;
Logitech G500 Mouse
Logitech G110 Keyboard
Logitech Z323 2.1 Speakers
Logitech G35 7.1 (Virtual) Headset
NVidia GT430 (PhysX)
Razer Goliuthus Extended Gaming Surface
HD3000 Webcam
Additional HDD's
TP-Link 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I take it you have the 560ti overclocked to over 1000? If not..WHY NOT???!!! :)

I did have when running just one only for about 2 weeks, then bought a second and had to reduce to 925Mhz as they get toasty. My top card is an ASUS DCU2, where as my bottom one is a Point Of View with a shoddy cooler and non-reference PCB. The bottom one is sealed though so it vents most heat out of the bracket exhaust gap, where as the ASUS one vents everywhere.

As the ASUS has the better cooler, its on top.

While on Furmark they both hit 88'c, the POV cards hits this first, even though its below.

I run them at;

Clock: 925Mhz
Memory: 2200Mhz
Voltage: 1.025v
Custom fan profile where 100% kicks in at 60'c but progressively before that.

I also have my 200mm NZXT Side fan on 100% (Near silent anyway) blowing on both cards, with the ASUS one receiving more air as its basically centered to the fan.

I could run 950mhz with less than 1v on either card singly, just in SLI it needs more for stability.

Associate
OP
Nice mate. Surely it makes sense, that the card with better cooling, be put under the one with bad cooling ?

The one with worse cooling has a blower design cooler, so the hot air can only leave the card through the expansion bracket, meaning it does not disperse any of its hot air into the case. The card with the better cooler does not have a blower design cooler, so its hot air goes straight in to the case and because it is hot, it rises.

If the blower card was on top, it would suck in all of the hot air from the other card.

Ill do a drawing as i'm at work!

Back
Top Bottom