AMD CPU With Integrated Graphics Help Please

Associate
Hi All

Looking for some upgrade advice . I want to build a new PC as mine in now 8 years old. What i want is a AMD CPU with integrated graphics and a good motherboard to go with it. Can any please recommend a CPU with build in graphics and the best bang for buck and a motherboard as well

Thanks

Associate
OP
Sorry i forgot to say i don't really play games maybe a very old one now and again but i do like to video work on my PC.

Man of Honour
Sorry i forgot to say i don't really play games maybe a very old one now and again but i do like to video work on my PC.
What kind of video work do you do exactly?

All Ryzen 7000 CPUs except the 7500F have integrated graphics, but how they compare to Intel's UHD 730/770 in video editing, I'm not sure.

Man of Honour
Its nothing over the top its just footage of bird watching that i edit together for you tube
Ah, it is really hard to find good benchmarks that include the IGP, but I can at least share these.

Media Encoding, H.264 (H.265 & VP9 are in the link)
8600G: 25.96 fps
8700G: 33.27 fps
7800X3D: 35.79 fps

HandBrake can be found here:
(lots of different results since it depends on the power settings)

and here:

From what I can see, if you're using the CPU, then the 7700 non-X would actually be a better buy than either of those CPUs, BUT the 8600G/8700G can encode AV1 in hardware because they're based on RDNA 3, whereas the integrated graphics on the Ryzen 7700 is RDNA 2. You can find one of the slides here:

The other possibility is to buy whatever you want, even a 12100F and use an Arc A310, but I'm assuming you want a very small form factor here?

Man of Honour
Thank you for your help so far this is very usfull . And yes i am looking for a small form factor
Here's an example MATX build, more suited for if you might want to turn into a gaming PC one day (use of CPU's box cooler assumed):
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £834.82 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

This is an ITX build, but with the 8600G, you can remove the cooler and use the box cooler if you prefer:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £887.89 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

There's a review of some ITX coolers here:

£315 (incl. VAT)
£290 (incl. VAT)
£220 (incl. VAT)
£201 (incl. VAT)
CAS-LIA-02350
£70 (incl. VAT)
£160 (incl. VAT)
£100 (incl. VAT)
£120 (incl. VAT)
£80 (incl. VAT)
£54 (incl. VAT)
Associate
Maybe I am completely off with the metrics, however would a mini pc with integrated gpu be a better option ?
Such as a ryzen 7840U mini PC ? It appears to be comparable performance wise. A lot smaller, - likely significantly cheaper. Maybe sustained thermals maybe a issue depending on which supplier/case you choose. - Maybe worth looking into.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Maybe I am completely off with the metrics, however would a mini pc with integrated gpu be a better option ?
Such as a ryen 7840U mini PC ? It appears to be comparable perfomance wise. A lot smaller, - likely significantly cheaper. Maybe sustained thermals maybe a issue depending on which supplier/case you choose. - Maybe worth looking into.
i cant say i know much about mini PCs

Associate
OP
Here's an example MATX build, more suited for if you might want to turn into a gaming PC one day (use of CPU's box cooler assumed):
My basket at OcUK:

This is an ITX build, but with the 8600G, you can remove the cooler and use the box cooler if you prefer:

My basket at OcUK:

There's a review of some ITX coolers here:

i think i could maybe get away with this as i lready have some of the stuff here

Man of Honour
It is hard to say, because I'd need a much clearer idea of how much the IGP is actually going to be used in your PC/workloads, since if you're primarily using the CPU for everything, then it doesn't really make sense to buy a G model when even the 7600 non-X beats it, includes the same cooler in the box and is nearly £50 cheaper @ OCUK. If I knew you were going to do some light gaming in the future, then I'd say get the 8600G, no question, because in games the IGP is vastly better.

ITX is also likely to be worse value than M-ATX, which is why I can't suggest another motherboard, since the next board available (and in stock) is the Strix B650E-I and paying £288 for that one when you want a "bang for buck" build just seems crazy to me.

Associate
OP
maybe i need tobe looking at a Ryzen 4 to keep the cost down. i have used my brothers Ryzen 7 5700G but the graphics were very poor

Man of Honour
i have used my brothers Ryzen 7 5700G but the graphics were very poor
What do you mean exactly? How were they poor?

I'm kind of confused what you need the integrated graphics for?

They're just entry level for gaming, at best, but since you said you don't play games I assumed that was not important?

Back
Top Bottom