• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Underboss
Hi all, i realise this isnt in the Monitors section, but
i have a Acer XF270H 144HZ 27" monitor
when i click on the Display properties it says "Generic" but when i click on the Nvidia control panel (i know its Nvidia,, its just a stop gap until Vega64) it says XF270H

Do i need to install drivers to get this fulling working properly in 144HZ ?

Associate
Hi all, i realise this isnt in the Monitors section, but
i have a Acer XF270H 144HZ 27" monitor
when i click on the Display properties it says "Generic" but when i click on the Nvidia control panel (i know its Nvidia,, its just a stop gap until Vega64) it says XF270H

Do i need to install drivers to get this fulling working properly in 144HZ ?

Some Freesync monitors won't do more than 60Hz without an AMD card, so you may simply not be able to increase that. You can try finding monitor drivers though (basically just a configuration that describes to Windows exactly what the monitor is capable of), just maybe that would help. It should stop saying Generic if you do that.

Associate
On my LG monitor I had the same problem. Go to settings in the start menu (looks like a cog) then system then display then advanced display settings then display adaptor properties for display 1 then monitor tab. Inthe drop down you will see the supported refresh rates. Now I had to install software and drivers for mine.

Associate
I'm sure that I've had it 144hz , I noticed it straight away when I plugged my monitor in, settings said 144hz too

As for drivers, there was isn't any for Windows 10

Monitor drivers for Windows 7 and up will be fine, even Vista drivers would probably work ... as these drivers are basically just a list of monitor specs.

Back
Top Bottom