AMD Fusion Mini-ITX

Soldato
I wouldn't say over £100 is failing, I wouldn't pay over £125 though...
I'd expect the Asus board to cost more than the others, will wait patiently to see what they come out at. :)

Soldato
I wouldn't say over £100 is failing, I wouldn't pay over £125 though...
I'd expect the Asus board to cost more than the others, will wait patiently to see what they come out at. :)

Sorry, meant to say over £100 for a Fusion board. Maybe Asus can justify £125 with USB3 and a funky heatsink but I still feel that at £125 it would be crap value. Especially since AMD's target price is UNDER $99 ;)

Soldato
I thought the target price was between $100-$150? By the time you add on the UK price bump for VAT, then I guess it'd be about right to come in over £100?

I'm pretty sure we'll see some of the other boards at better prices. :)

Soldato
Sorry, meant to say over £100 for a Fusion board. Maybe Asus can justify £125 with USB3 and a funky heatsink but I still feel that at £125 it would be crap value. Especially since AMD's target price is UNDER $99 ;)

Atom boards cost around £100 and they're poor in comparison, both in the CPU and GPU departments. If you want ION you'd be paying around £125.

Also remember the Asus board is like the 'Deluxe' version of all the motherboards above - as said the ASRock looks to be the value board.

Any firm release date yet? I have an HTPC/home server that's asking to be built.

Soldato
Atom boards cost around £100 and they're poor in comparison, both in the CPU and GPU departments. If you want ION you'd be paying around £125.

Also remember the Asus board is like the 'Deluxe' version of all the motherboards above - as said the ASRock looks to be the value board.

Any firm release date yet? I have an HTPC/home server that's asking to be built.

Dunno where you buy but Atom boards start at £60 for me and £100 for Ion. I've got an Asus Ion 330 with 4 SATA n PCIE you can have for £100 if you think they start at £125. It will be going on MM soon.

No release dates for Fusion boards yet.

Soldato
Dunno where you buy but Atom boards start at £60 for me and £100 for Ion. I've got an Asus Ion 330 with 4 SATA n PCIE you can have for £100 if you think they start at £125. It will be going on MM soon.

No release dates for Fusion boards yet.

Yep, take it back, I'm clearly blind...

Around £65 for Atom and £100 for ION.

Still aren't as good as Fusion though.

Soldato
The E350 is more powerful in most tasks than an Atom AFAIK.

The CULV Ion motherboards are not that cheap and lack SATA3.0 and USB3.0 too. Many of the Zacate motherboards also have 5 to 6 SATA and e-SATA ports too and the IGP is faster.

The Zotac IONITX-P-E which has an SU2300 Celeron is around £150 and only has a total of 4 SATA and e-SATA ports.

Last edited:
Soldato
The E350 is more powerful in most tasks than an Atom AFAIK.

The CULV Ion motherboards are not that cheap and lack SATA3.0 and USB3.0 too. Many of the Zacate motherboards also have 5 to 6 SATA and e-SATA ports too and the IGP is faster.

The Zotac IONITX-P-E which has an SU2300 Celeron is around £150 and only has a total of 4 SATA and e-SATA ports.

Its 10% faster in most benchmarks. Not light years ;)

Yes, have SATA3. Have U seen SATA3 HDD prices? And "many have 5 to 6 SATA and eSATA too". Not true. None have 6 SATA (yet announced) and two have 5 SATA + 1 eSATA. Two is not "many".

However I do agree the IONITX-P-E is a waste of space/money :D

Soldato
BTW,the Sapphire motherboard is listed at around 128 Euro in Germany and the price includes 19% sales tax.

This works out at around £108.

So it looks like you will be spending around £10 more for a faster CPU,a better IGP and a more extensive feature set.

Its 10% faster in most benchmarks. Not light years ;)

Actually in file decompression and audio encoding it is more like 20% to 50% faster according to the Toms Hardware review.

Yes, have SATA3. Have U seen SATA3 HDD prices? And "many have 5 to 6 SATA and eSATA too". Not true.
None have 6 SATA (yet announced) and two have 5 SATA + 1 eSATA. Two is not "many".

Absolutely wrong as I said SATA and e-SATA not SATA only.

Every Zacate motherboard mentioned in the first post of this thread has 5 to 6 SATA and e-SATA ports.

BTW,SATA3.0 will become the de-facto SATA standard over the next few years and it is a useful feature to have.

Also,the Zacate motherboards have USB3.0 too.

The dual core Atom ION motherboards are overpriced at £100 and have an absolutely poor feature set for the price.

Last edited:
Soldato
BTW,the Sapphire motherboard is listed at around 128 Euro in Germany and the price includes 19% sales tax.

This works out at around £108.

So it looks like you will be spending around £10 more for a faster CPU,a better IGP and a more extensive feature set.

Actually in file decompression and audio encoding it is more like 20% to 50% faster according to the Toms Hardware review.

Absolutely wrong as I said SATA and e-SATA not SATA only.

Every Zacate motherboard mentioned in the first post of this thread has 5 to 6 SATA and e-SATA ports.

BTW,SATA3.0 will become the de-facto SATA standard over the next few years and it is a useful feature to have.

Also,the Zacate motherboards have USB3.0 too.

The dual core Atom ION motherboards are overpriced at £100 and have an absolutely poor feature set for the price.

We have VAT at 20% so it works out at £110 but who cares ;)

Its only 20-50% faster in single threaded performance and since most CPUS in last 10 years have been multi core most apps are being written multi threaded if programmed well but who cares ;)

Read your post again. It could be read as meaning 5 to 6 of both or 5 to 6 of SATA and eSATA on top. English is complicated language! Also the last 2 boards on the list do NOT have 5 or 6 in total of either type. But who cares ;)

Zacate boards may have USB3 but thats with an additional chip if memory serves. I'd rather save £10 and get a better value board or at least have the choice to do so. But who cares ;)

BUT I do agree. Ion boards are overpriced. But thats probably down to gouging. I mean the Intel chipset is so bad Nvidia can afford to fleece us.

I'd just rather not be fleeced by AMD as well but who cares ;)

Associate
I really like the ASUS one with the blue heatsink. I can easily see myself putting a Noctua 6dB fan on top and overclocking.

Associate
Not seen a firm date yet but from some of the European sites it looks like a week or two.

Looking forward to two of these, one for the media centre and the other for the media server, suddenly all is quiet again in the lounge!

Back
Top Bottom