AMD Fusion Mini-ITX

Soldato
And if you skip towards the end where there are some real world tests (app loading, app usage) its generally less than 10% faster, better graphics performance for games etc, higher CPU usage for video (WTF?) and better power consumption (that WAS a surprise), all in comparison to D510 or Ion assisted Atom. And it strangely says target price $100.

So pretty much all as I said earlier and was challenged on ;)

Still, do feel its gotta be better than the Atoms and gives it some competition and impetus to be improved by Intel & Nvidia

Soldato
Around $100 but with costs creeping up to around $130 once boards start to add "enhancements".

I can see their recommended ~$100 translating to a clean £100 at release, with the Asus board costing more.

"Remember that the Atom 330 is a dual-core CPU with SMT (4-threads total) so you’re actually getting 17.2% of four hardware threads used, but 34.4% of two cores. The E-350 by comparison leaves 27.8% of its two cores in use during this test. Both systems have more than enough horsepower left over to do other things."

I guess that covers the higher utilisation bit, I completely forgot the Atom had hyperthreading...
Interesting to see the Pentium 4 put in there aswell at the end for comparison, surprised it did so poorly.

They seem quite impressed with it's performance over Atom, I agree with their point about the SSD also. Using mine in the current HTPC and it really does make the difference.

It looks good to me, especially with those power usage results. :) They need to hurry up and be released in the wild!

Associate
I just want it to replace the current AMD 7750 and Ati 5450 setup I have.

Not interested in 3D so HDMI 1.3 is fine by me! As it will have a light install of Windows 7 and only be used for WMC looks like it is the ticket combined with a PicoPSU :)

Soldato
The Asus one is now listed in UK at £107 inc. Given that this is the "top spec" Zacate board I'd actually say... wait for it..... that I think it's pretty good value.

I do note that no-one has managed to overclock Zacate past 1.64ghz which is a bit disapointing (in reviews etc)

Associate
According to another site they should be available next week.

Have seen the Asus pro version listed for £120 but this is mATX rather than MiniITX so I am holding out until next week.

Really want to get my grubby hands on the Asus Deluxe board!

Well thats my order in.

Delivery stated for next Monday so we will see.

Might have to change my psu for this new monster combination. Currently using a Corsair 620W psu. Not sure it will cope:o:D

Last edited:
Associate
In the end I went for a miniITX case that can take a microATX board by obscuring the pci and pci-e ports (which I don't need) and got the Asus pro m/b. Add in 4gb memory and a Crucial SSD it should be a rocking and silent HTPC build!!

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing people's builds with these.
I'll be waiting to check out boards with PCI slots as I'd quite like to keep using my TV card.
Got a more discreet ITX case that I'll be trying to squash everything into, the mini skeleton isn't loved by everyone. :(:D

Back
Top Bottom