AMD FX-4170 Gaming build, Nvida GPU, Watercooling

Caporegime
This is the worst value for money spec I have seen in a while, my PC cost less a year ago when I bought it. (spec as in sig but without 2TB HDD) I feel sorry for you having wasted so much money. Ask the people of the forums next time! But as long as it does what you want it to do and it looks the business then it's not all bad. Enjoy it! :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is the worst value for money spec I have seen in a while, my PC cost less a year ago when I bought it. (spec as in sig but without 2TB HDD) I feel sorry for you having wasted so much money. Ask the people of the forums next time! But as long as it does what you want it to do and it looks the business then it's not all bad. Enjoy it! :p

I could have got it for £675 if I used stock cooler (-£80), a cheaper case (-£60), stock fans (-£30) and cheaper motherboard (-£60~£80)

So this spec for £675 isn't too bad, people seem to think that as its £920 it could be much better, I agree yes, but with cheap Mobo, a terrible case, higher CPU temps and noisy as heck fans i'm glad I spent the extra £245.

If I had a £400 case people would see FX-4170 and GTX 560ti build @ £1300 people would comment saying I could have better for less. But of course that means downgrading on quality of some parts, having things not fit my colour scheme, PC being noisy, which matters a lot now with it sat on my desk next to me almost silent.

Generally I am happy with this build and can play most games with max settings @ 1920x1080 at 50+ Fps. So I believe its worth it.

Parts I picked are the ones I want, not due to price, but due to what I think my PC should be like.

On a side note I am making a new desk soon and maybe getting a second monitor.

Plus still need to buy decent speakers, A nice Corsair 2000 Headset, decent mouse and keyboard (as the cheapo one I have is starting to show...)

So I shall be using this thread soon for recommendations :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hey 'kid'. I am the same age as you and I specced and built the rig in my sig without asking for advice from anyone, just based it on my own research. I built it for about £20 less than what your system cost, and this was 15 months ago. It still stomps your spec into the floor from every angle, with the exception of the GPU which still beats yours by a small margin. Also bear in mind that I have a sound card, blu-ray and an SSD. (the 2tb HDD was added after)

You may also like to note the clock speed since that seems to mean so much to you, and the cooler which is keeping it at that speed cool and stable, which is not as good as yours. Also note that the 2500K at stock speeds is still better than the FX-4 by miles and miles, and mine is overclocked considerably. I do rendering, 3D modelling, gaming, video editing etc, you name it, I probably do it. I can do it at a faster rate than you can, and I have been doing so for over a year. Also my GPU has CUDA cores which helps for this, just as yours does, and my GPU is a power hungry beast which draws a whole lot more power than yours, and I have a 700W PSU. Yours would have been fine on a 500W PSU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom