• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Game Streaming, Relive for VR & Freesync 2 HDR

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Spent the last couple of days at an AMD conference, before anyone ask nothing new is being released, just more of an update of how well AMD did in 2018 and how 2019 looks set to be even a better year, mainly speaking Ryzen of course.

But what I did learn is with AMD latest drivers you can actually stream your games to your Android or IOS device and it is free of charge or no need to buy special tablet or equipment to do so.

Here is AMD's promotion video for this technology:

Of course Freesync continues to improve and there are now over 600 freesync enabled monitors, laptop, TV's etc:

Good to see AMD adding more and more features to their cards and drivers with things only set to get even better. The future is looking excellent for AMD!

Caporegime
I use the apps all the time, Netflix with HDR etc

Its my first Android TV and I really am liking it tbh.

I use Netflix too on my Android TV, in the same way I use it on my Windows 10 PC, and my LG OLED.

For Android OS to be objectively good, it must do something different (That's objectively good) or be better. LG WebOS is far sleeker.

Also, I've attempted the AMD game link about 5 times now and it doesn't stream a game. Just sits there with the on screen controls and then craps out while the game runs on my PC.

Steam link via Android working as expected.

Bit of a fail so far.

Soldato
I use Netflix too on my Android TV, in the same way I use it on my Windows 10 PC, and my LG OLED.

For Android OS to be objectively good, it must do something different (That's objectively good) or be better. LG WebOS is far sleeker.

Also, I've attempted the AMD game link about 5 times now and it doesn't stream a game. Just sits there with the on screen controls and then craps out while the game runs on my PC.

Steam link via Android working as expected.

Bit of a fail so far.

Works perfectly fine here :p

Soldato
The FAQ doesn't help either.
I did want to try it as well.

It looks like it just instant disconnects.

Smooth perfect first time here man. Few things to try make sure
AMD server is running from AMD link within the software
Try manually setting up the server if you have multiple devices connecting to the router

62615106fee6e8a7201556abca79d8029262ed993d08bc6f3d694866eee67bb56eb02f2c.jpg

Soldato
Done all that.

The app causes the game to launch on my PC.
Then the link just disconnects.

No idea then man, am using WIFI also. My TV is connected wired so the quality and connection would be much better if Android TV was supported.

Steam is very pixelated on my HTC phone using the same settings and router.

Relive quality I was very surprised when I first used it, I wouldn't game on a mobile.

Edit
You can even control the desktop etc

Caporegime
No idea then man, am using WIFI also. My TV is connected wired so the quality and connection would be much better if Android TV was supported.

Steam is very pixelated on my HTC phone using the same settings and router.

Relive quality I was very surprised when I first used it, I wouldn't game on a mobile.

Edit
You can even control the desktop etc

At the moment the app is 20mbit limit. Frankly that's a bit poorer than I'd want put onto a big TV.

I've got a Steam link plugged into our 55" Sony, and that'll go as far as I can push it really. I think it can do 100mbit.

EDIT : The Steam App can do 100mbit too. Objectively that *is* better for IQ.

Caporegime
Any sign of the AMD link thing that allows you to control wattman on the fly using your mobile?

I've went into the advanced options of Wattman on the AMD Link and I can indeed confirm it's there.

I don't use Wattman however because I don't find it as powerful as MSI AB. Changing the P states with far greater granularity on the fan control is better for my usage.

AMD Link is looking like a solid app though for all intents and purposes.

Back
Top Bottom