• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Game Streaming, Relive for VR & Freesync 2 HDR

Soldato
At the moment the app is 20mbit limit. Frankly that's a bit poorer than I'd want put onto a big TV.

I've got a Steam link plugged into our 55" Sony, and that'll go as far as I can push it really. I think it can do 100mbit.

EDIT : The Steam App can do 100mbit too. Objectively that *is* better for IQ.

I can not really say I not used this on my 4K TV. But what I can say is my TV upscale images quite impressively. I been watching Twitch streams at 900p 60FPS and I had to check because the image quality was 4k like! I was blown away by it. It improves the picture better than my 1440p monitor.

What else AMD is doing within the GPU to also improve the quality and latency. Steam is all software vs Relive is HW accelerated.

Caporegime
I can not really say I not used this on my 4K TV. But what I can say is my TV upscale images quite impressively. I been watching Twitch streams at 900p 60FPS and I had to check because the image quality was 4k like! I was blown away by it. It improves the picture better than my 1440p monitor.

What else AMD is doing within the GPU to also improve the quality and latency. Steam is all software vs Relive is HW accelerated.

Steam in home streaming has supported HW acceleration for years.
But for IQ purposes I prefer software.

End of the day, I'm not trying to knock this AMD Link, but objectively the implementation isn't better than steam link.

Soldato

End of the day, I'm not trying to knock this AMD Link, but objectively the implementation isn't better than steam link.

O'really I stand corrected then.
Each to there own man, I defo have better experience with Relive then Steam and also the latency feels better.

Caporegime
Each to there own man, I defo have better experience with Relive then Steam and also the latency feels better.

There was no issue with the experience.
It's perfectly usable.

I just would like to have higher bit rate. Especially if I was to have a bigger phone (Such as an Xperia 1) streaming "4K" to it.

For what it is, I imagine that many people would be happy as larry with the AMD Link. But I've got the wireless set up where I can handle 100mbit without an issue.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Whatever happened to Steam OS? *runs*

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
You'd have to ask valve :p

I downloaded the iso and had a machine ready to rock after some hiatus away from gaming. I then read a lot and turns out people basically doomed it to being garbage but I was surprised there wasnt much adoptions seeing as linux distro's were supporting the GPU drivers well.

I suppose there is little appetite due to the faffing for some when you could just buy a console ready made off the shelf and the PC scene has its base ingrained too.

Caporegime
I downloaded the iso and had a machine ready to rock after some hiatus away from gaming. I then read a lot and turns out people basically doomed it to being garbage but I was surprised there wasnt much adoptions seeing as linux distro's were supporting the GPU drivers well.

I suppose there is little appetite due to the faffing for some when you could just buy a console ready made off the shelf and the PC scene has its base ingrained too.

I tried it a little while ago.
It's "Fine" as long as you know what you're getting yourself in for.

But I think it's a bit outdated now as well so there's better Linux distro options.

Either way Windows is still better for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom