• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Launches Three Kaveri APU SKUs in February 2014 – Feature Set For A10 and A8 APUs Detailed

Soldato
Im not getting an apu till summer. Will probably be getting a 7850K as well as a dual core apu, a 5800k or 6800k and an 750k or 760k for a bit of comparison and ocing. Once im done im going to make it into a htpc and nas, selling the apus/cpus that i wont use.

Soldato
Would be really interested to see if the bios updates have given a more significant boost to crossfire setups, would love it if a 7850k and an R7 250 gave the performance in crossfire to match an R9 270... that would make it a really killer Steam gaming platform.

-edit- Or more realistically get somewhere close to...

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, so am I. I've put together a rig just for that purpose. It's currently got a Trinity chip in it at the moment. I want the release date before Easter, so I can order the parts, put the bits in & soak test it over the Easter weekend. :)

Associate
Yeah, so am I. I've put together a rig just for that purpose. It's currently got a Trinity chip in it at the moment. I want the release date before Easter, so I can order the parts, put the bits in & soak test it over the Easter weekend. :)

I've got my custom Streacom F1C water-cooled and ready, just need this CPU and then a mobo.

Associate
i would have gone for one of these if it matched a 270, disappointing really as I do like the sound of these. Looks like i'm going for a 8320 + 270 instead now.

Soldato
Have AMD announced when Kaveri is coming to laptops?
Wouldn't mind going back to a laptop, but would want it to be able to play the odd game. Was quite happy with how my last Trinity set-up coped, so would be looking to go AMD again.

Soldato
OP
AMD Mobile Kaveri APU Confirmed – 4 CPU Cores with a Steamroller – Excavator Hybrid Architecture

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-mobile-kave...excavator-hybrid-architectures/#ixzz32AtyKXdJ

A couple of days back we leaked the entire lineup of the Mobile Kaveri Series and the Dedicated Crystal GPU Series. Well AMD has just confirmed the same in the APU 14 Conference along with some very interesting points. It turns out that the new Kaveri will actually be based on a ‘revolutionary’ hybrid architecture, namely a combination of the Steamroller and Excavator Architecture.

Associate
Still waiting

Do we have any news on the a8-7600 release date other than "June, maybe, no confirmation..."?

Still waiting on finishing my first AMD rig - my HTPC design can really use the lower TDP to keep niiiiice and quiet :)

Back
Top Bottom