• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD on the road to recovery.

Caporegime
Instead of bumping years old doom and gloom AMD financials threads over and over again i thought a new thread was needed, a thread that was more relevant to AMD's current situation which for the past year or so has been a story of not only recovery but now also starting to move into a position of strength.

With that said since Ryzen AMD's revenue it up about 70% from just under $1bn a quarter to about $1.7bn a quarter, their R&D spend is up 25% and over this year for the first time in years AMD are in Net Profit, to the tune of about $200m so far this year.

It is fair to say that as far as Intel are concerned they have lived in a bubble with their only rival (AMD) of no consequence what-so-ever.
As a result we have had a serious lack of competition, Intel have spent the last 5 years or so re-hashing what are basically the same 4 core CPU's over and over again, with one exception of adding a DDR4 memory controller.
In my mind Intel would not have launched 6 core CPU's when they did in the form of the 8700K, if at all, certainly i do not believe the upcoming 8 core Coffeelake was on their radar at all and is as a direct result of Ryzen.

Intel's bubble has burst

This feeling is now also starting to creep in amongst experts, i'm not saying its significant beyond the fact that for the first time in probably more than a decade Intel's stock value has been down graded for reasons Citing a better outlook for AMD, there are many other agencies and this feeling is not yet wide spread but it does mark an end to Intel's infallibility perception.

BofAML Downgrades Intel from $62 to $56, Intel shares down 10% https://seekingalpha.com/news/3374975-bofaml-downgrades-intel-another-10nm-chip-delay#email_link

AMD's shares on the rise now approaching $20

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/AMD

mdjvx1i.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
People in this forum are very much the minority of users, most people don't know the FX CPU's like we do, and actually they are popular amongst some who do, Linux users, Home Server guys like them.

And they are cheap.

Caporegime
OP
And yet 290X in 2018 is just a good GPU, above the "mid tier" in performance especially DX12 with async compute.

While the 780Ti is eaten the dust in performance. (last time I checked was around GTX1050Ti perf on some benchmarks).

What is shame is the R9 285. That was one off, and disappeared.
Even if it has innovative tessellation engine we haven't see since on AMD cards.

Right :)

I stand corrected. But that's how long ago now??

The Fury-X was not far behind the 980TI. tho i do agree that was not one of AMD's finest.

Look i do agree AMD was further behind Intel than they are behind nVidia, much much further, they pulled it back against Intel, there is no reason to think they can't do the same against nVidia.

Caporegime
OP
Close to the 22 dollar mark :eek:

Yup...

ru3SprE.png

also..

AMD wins patent order barring some Vizio televisions https://seekingalpha.com/news/3385056-amd-wins-patent-order-barring-vizio-televisions

AMD

has won an round at the International Trade Commission, with an order barring some Vizio (VZIO) televisions from the U.S. market.

Vizio and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) infringe on one graphics-processing patent held by AMD and its ATI Technologies, while there was no violation of a second patent, according to the ITC.

The complaint was similar to one AMD filed against LG before those two settled.

Rosenblatt boosts AMD target to new Street high https://seekingalpha.com/news/3385197-rosenblatt-boosts-amd-target-new-street-high

Rosenblatt maintains a Buy rating on AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) and raises the price target to the Street-high $30 from $27, a 44% upside to yesterday’s close.

Analyst Hans Mosesmann cites positive institutional investor meetings and renewed conviction for a multiyear double-digit growth profile for AMD.

Back
Top Bottom