• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Press Conference at Computex 2015 - AMD Graphics

Can't believe how many people participating and having fun at the appearance of another human being. Seems a bit cruel to me.

Back on topic, I wonder if the cards will be available to buy on the 16th or will it be pre-order like the 980ti.

Looks about average to me, the guy has small hands too :p

Alright, yeah that is a quite impressive size for the GPU, I wonder if it's easier to manufacture them compared to the previous (current) generation.
Just seen the close up photos, even bigger than I thought as I thought the HBM RAM was on the main die, but there's 4 additional dies round about it (4GB).

It's a monster.

I guess logic says that the more vram you are using on a scene, the more bandwidth you need to fill and empty it.

So we'll end up with a chip that shows most benefit at 4k, but not too much benefit as it only has 4gb...

It will end up being the best single card for 4k but when you go multicard and up the settings it will fold.

Not really as with the other amd thread from matt dx12 will add vram together. Making xfire viable and the need for any card above 4gb in crossfire not needed

Just seen the close up photos, even bigger than I thought as I thought the HBM RAM was on the main die, but there's 4 additional dies round about it (4GB).

It's a monster.

I don't think they are using an AIO just to keep the card quiet, there is going to be a lot of heat that needs removing too.

Tech review sites need to be on their toes (they were useless with the GTX 970 memory) when they get the new Fiji cards and do a good job testing -

Does HBM work without problems.
Where the cards are just 4gb have any shortcuts been taken to make up for this.
Are there any heat related problems.
Does heat due to having memory close to GPU core effect overclocking on both.

AMD Press Conference at Computex 2015 - Microsoft's Partnership with AMD

More information from Microsoft and AMD at E3 @PCgamer

AMD and PC Gamer announced today via a press release that Microsoft has joined the upcoming “AMD Presents The PC Gaming Show Powered by PC Gamer” event as both a sponsor and participant. Taking place in Los Angeles on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at the Belasco Theater, the show will feature appearances and announcements from some of the biggest names in the PC gaming industry. Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer and several game developers will share the latest details about gaming on Windows 10 as well as showcase several upcoming games.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/microsoft-xbox-to-be-present-at-pc-gaming-e3-2015-conference/
Cant WAIT!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom