• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R290X BF4 EDITION - WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! **

Associate
No.
290 launches next week and we've got 1000 in stock, we might be the only UK etailor with those too as I've ordered 10,000, it's an awesome card. :)

Hi Gibbo,

Appreciate because of the NDA you can't say much about these right now but are you able to confirm if, like the 290x, it'll be reference only cards at launch or might we see some with custom coolers? With the sheer volume of speculation, rumours, posts etc. I've lost track!

Cheers.

Associate
Wow so we have been waiting sooo long for info and benchmarks NOW there's a big rush for OC to take your money for your pre order that no one knows anything about :-0 really!!!

Soldato
I'm not in the first 150 for sure as I placed my pre-order the day before the pre-order ended, not sure I'll be taking this up in the end but guess will wait for the email before deciding.

Associate
So, I have a question: which brand do I go with for the 290x? I've got a placeholder, and I should be within the first 150, so where to go? I've only used XFX and Sapphire before (and I was gonna jump on a XFX, but OC UK doesn't have 'em). Part of me is leaning Sapphire, but may want to try something new this time.

I'm in the USA if that matters, warranty and such.

PS. No ASUS brand, their CS has screwed me too many times :)

Caporegime
So, I have a question: which brand do I go with for the 290x? I've got a placeholder, and I should be within the first 150, so where to go? I've only used XFX and Sapphire before (and I was gonna jump on a XFX, but OC UK doesn't have 'em). Part of me is leaning Sapphire, but may want to try something new this time.

I'm in the USA if that matters, warranty and such.

PS. No ASUS brand, their CS has screwed me too many times :)

OCUK don't stock XFX GPU's, ever.

Buried somewhere in the R9 290X thread there are details of an XFX and HIS 290X, the XFX one had Elpida Memory IC's (don't want) while the HIS had Hynix (do want)

XFX always go cheap on the Memory IC's, HIS are one of those Brands that are under rated, they always overclock well and are always reliable.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there I've only over clocked press sample and sapphire, they both did the same OC, I'd suspect they were both Hynix, I'll crack them open today.

Now remember guys no other etailor would do this, be up all night talking to you guys and keeping you so informed, so remember that please, we at OcUK really do go that extra edge.

However this time I do need to back out on pyramid building, were just too busy. :(

OcUK Staff
OP
OCUK don't stock XFX GPU's, ever.

Buried somewhere in the R9 290X thread there are details of an XFX and HIS 290X, the XFX one had Elpida Memory IC's (don't want) while the HIS had Hynix (do want)

XFX always go cheap on the Memory IC's, HIS are one of those Brands that are under rated, they always overclock well and are always reliable.

This.
The only time we will sell XFX is if it's as an OcUK value and only then if stocks are real tight and is an absolute must.

Man of Honour
Hi there I've only over clocked press sample and sapphire, they both did the same OC, I'd suspect they were both Hynix, I'll crack them open today.

Now remember guys no other etailor would do this, be up all night talking to you guys and keeping you so informed, so remember that please, we at OcUK really do go that extra edge.

However this time I do need to back out on pyramid building, were just too busy. :(

This is why I buy nearly all my stuff at OCUK

After I get my cards I am going to need to shop with you for some more parts.:)

Soldato
Thank you Gibbo, I will of course be buying from OcUK, one 290, a block and some misc wc bits now and another 290+block in a few weeks so perhaps a grand in total. :)

Back
Top Bottom