• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** AMD R290X BF4 EDITION - WE ARE NOW TAKING PRE-ORDERS / DEPOSITS!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo what version of BF does it come with? That can't be under NDA.

sorry about text size but posts get swallowed up on this thread

Just regular.
Nearly 150 sold now, still plenty left. :D

OcUK will also ship an AMD Golden ticket with orders too giving you an additional three games to choose from AMD. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, how long roughly will we have to decide whether we want it and what brand we want before it is shipped?

24-48hrs.
Once we can list the cards online, we shall then call the people who placed a deposit requesting which brand they want.

All the brands are reference design, so deciding factors will be price, colour of the box and warranty.

OcUK Staff
OP
A third UK Etailer now has these up for pre order. Bargain price of £11,999.99. PayPal accepted. :p

As I said earlier there are only two UK Etailors who AMD have given allocation too and of course OcUK Is one of those two and we got the most, a few hundred. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Reference are the easiest to get water blocks for. When MSI release the Lightning versions (binned chips), they could be worth waiting for but that could be a few months away.

Plus also remember sometimes the first batch can be the better clockers, GTX 770 and GTX 780 being perfect examples. The first cards were hitting 1300-1400MHz cores on air, now the only way to get such clocks is via the flagship custom cards such as KFA HOF, EVGA CLASSY, MSI Lightning etc.

Also I've always thought the AMD reference coolers are absolutely superb, certainly better quality than some of the after market ones which come out and for overclockers the AMD cooler set to 100% fan speed turning it into a dust blower can give some of the best temperatures. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the confirmation Gibbo... I also called in to OcUK today and the guy on the phone also confirmed to me that you guys will be shipping gold vouchers with the card. That comforted me enough to at least place my placeholder order... We'll see what happens when concrete pricing details get released. I want this card, but I still have to work within a limited budget... Been saving up all year for a new card, so I have a threshold that's just not possible to go beyond.

I've just finished setting up the entire range, I have to say Sapphires R280 and below series look absolutely stunning, both the boxes and cards, great job they have done. :)

R280's and below are now also sitting in our warehouse ready to go! :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Do we have to wait till the 15th to get prices on the others ranges too? What about the normal 290 model aswell?
Also anymore of an idea when you will be getting the none BF4 290x models up for preorder?

When AMD say we can. 280 and below is 11th I think, 290 TBC.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

As no surprise we have our allocation of R290X BF4 Edition in stock, the bad news is so far we've only received half our allocation from AMD, the following additional half will arrive hopefully next week, of course some competitors have not taken pre-orders and will have stock on the shelf and we can understand if your of the latter half you may wish to cancel and order elsewhere, but it's the same situation for all and AMD have not yet finished delivering all the BF4 allocation and board partners can take their time, some longer than others. Some competitors still don't even have their shipment so it is quite unknown but when NDA lifts it will be clearer.

So to make it fair, the first 150 customers who placed a deposit will be contacted within the next 48hrs and it shall be very early uk time. Were doing this to give those who placed pre-order deposits first opportunity, only fair to do it on a first come first serve basis.

The email will contain clear instructions and you should reply as quick as you can, because a few hours later, we shall contact the next 150 customers if not all of the first 150 get in touch or decide to buy a card.

So in short be monitoring your email over next 48hrs from OcUK, keep an eye on your junk folder just in case and be sure to get back in touch.

We shall have a dedicated email address for you to reply to and it shall be done by email for speeding up process and handled by 5UB himself, the regular sales team won't be sorting this so be sure to have email access over the next 48hrs, smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC etc.

A new thread containing this shall be made tomorrow, keep an eye out for that email over next 48hrs and the hint is it will come early morning, the next 150 customers will get their email late morning or early afternoon again within 48hrs from now.

Hope makes sense. The email shall contain price info, a link to our review and some limited info on the R290 and regular R290X availability.

OcUK Staff
OP

In short we can deliver all pre-orders this month as long as second 150 arrive next week, some are scheduled this week, but they are sold out.

Pre-ordering was the way on this one, looks like there won't be any more BF4 versions either or very limited.

In short OcUK did well, 8000 world wide, 300 to OcUK and approx 200 across rest of UK, rare as hens teeth. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Will the 290 be available for pre-order?

We can always trust you to blag us some great deals, Gibbo :D

No.
290 launches next week and we've got 1000 in stock, we might be the only UK etailor with those too as I've ordered 10,000, it's an awesome card. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I really don't get this launch. AMD has dropped the ball here in my opinion now with the lack of card shipments to companies including OCUK. I was really hoping to have the 290 and 290x information at hand at the same time so I can make an informed decision which to purchase.

By waiting an extra week or so that just makes people maybe think twice to purchase. By having the stock ready to go I don't see a reason why they don't just let them out to the public. I've got a feeling quite a few people will cancel due to not knowing what the full picture is with the 290 (myself included)

In the email I send I shall give us much 290 info as I can, let's just say when over clocked it's bloody good, think 7950 and 7970 but the 7950 being the clocker this time. ;)

Now I say no more! The email will have rest to try and make a buying decision or to cancel an easy decision.

Back
Top Bottom