• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You really do come across as a big fanboy.
Here we go again...that's no need to get upset over someone commenting on what he noticed :p

I can't remember how many times I recommended people getting the 980Ti, but I do remember not once did I recommend getting the Fury series. I recommended the 970 over the 290/290x everytime, before the whole ramgate issue came to light. Have you outright recommended 390 over the 970?

So think again before you accuse someone being a fanboy.

Associate
Please walk me through the decision to get Nano's over X's or even Fury's that look like they are much cheaper and faster?

I'm not having a dig, I am genuinely curious

I have a small case, to put it simply. Not ITX but still quite small. Also, TDP is pretty good. Performance will be greater than two 290x in crossfire so I am happy with that taking into consideration form factor and power consumption.

Soldato
Do yourselfs a favour guys and get a corsair 250D ( mITX with 240mm radiator mount ) and something like this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-283-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402

it will smoke that little thing

except get this one as it's nearly £100 cheaper :D

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-057-IN

I have a small case, to put it simply. Not ITX but still quite small. Also, TDP is pretty good. Performance will be greater than two 290x in crossfire so I am happy with that taking into consideration form factor and power consumption.

fair enough, will be interesting to see how you get on as reviews seem to be saying the power consumption is in line with the other cards at similar clocks / performance

Last edited:
Associate
Could anyone point me to a mITX case on OCUK that would actually require and Fury Nano or mini 970 ? I know linus used a silverstone model for that titan x video, most of the ones I saw had included power supplies though which is not what he had.

How many cases are there that cant fit say a gtx 980 ?

Soldato
Could anyone point me to a mITX case on OCUK that would actually require and Fury Nano or mini 970 ? I know linus used a silverstone model for that titan x video, most of the ones I saw had included power supplies though which is not what he had.

How many cases are there that cant fit say a gtx 980 ?

I'd like to build my next system in a Silverstone FT03 Mini, which can only do GPUs up to 10". A GTX 980 is 10.5" long.

There are many more.

Soldato
Here we go again...that's no need to get upset over someone commenting on what he noticed :p

I can't remember how many times I recommended people getting the 980Ti, but I do remember not once did I recommend getting the Fury series. I recommended the 970 over the 290/290x everytime, before the whole ramgate issue came to light. Have you outright recommended 390 over the 970?

So think again before you accuse someone being a fanboy.

The Nvidia fans will always recommend the slower 970 over the 390. Just look at the many gpu upgrade threads.

Permabanned
Can you read?
Where do I put brands in my post?

Maybe you should ask yourself that, I was posting about how the only Nano reviews I'd seen confirmed (at that time) for release day were doing the testing on open benches and there seemed to be a pattern, Your reply to that was to reply saying how the 980 ti was done out of the case so there's no conspiracy.

What did the 980ti have to do with my point or the conversation? Nothing. So yes you made out as if it was about brands and favouritism to a brand by reviewers which it was not. I can read fine thankyou, Unfortunately you clearly can't..

Soldato
Maybe you should ask yourself that, I was posting about how the only Nano reviews I'd seen confirmed (at that time) for release day were doing the testing on open benches and there seemed to be a pattern, Your reply to that was to reply saying how the 980 ti was done out of the case so there's no conspiracy.

What did the 980ti have to do with my point or the conversation? Nothing. So yes you made out as if it was about brands and favouritism to a brand by reviewers which it was not. I can read fine thankyou, Unfortunately you clearly can't..

Most of the reviews do actually test in a SFF case. Any who was vocal about the testing methodology can now accept it on move on.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/luke-hill/amd-radeon-r9-nano-4gb-review/13/

bru

bru

Soldato
Yup I was vocal about the testing methodology and I'm quite surprised that most to reviews have put the thing into small cases during the reviews and commented on what difference it makes to temps noise and performance.

Overall its a good card for a very niche market, just at a ridiculous price.

Permabanned
Most of the reviews do actually test in a SFF case. Any who was vocal about the testing methodology can now accept it on move on.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/luke-hill/amd-radeon-r9-nano-4gb-review/13/

You've just completely brushed over what my post at the time was about and made an incorrect claim.

They did not test the games in an sff case as you imply this is a direct quote from the article you linked and it relates to how they did the gaming tests

Our testing will take place inside a well-cooled NZXT Phantom 630 chassis with its side panels removed.

Permabanned
Yup I was vocal about the testing methodology and I'm quite surprised that most to reviews have put the thing into small cases during the reviews and commented on what difference it makes to temps noise and performance.

Overall its a good card for a very niche market, just at a ridiculous price.

I agree the card seems to be a great product at a bad price, But we are not getting the full picture. They do some thermal testing but often the do the actual game tests differently, It's easy to miss unless you thoroughly read the reviews. Just like the Nano review thread. Near the top of the thread someone asked if and reviews were done in sff cases, Gregster replied saying the top one, But if you read the whole review page by page they didn't. FS123 just did the same thing in the post above.

Caporegime
Indeed. I would want to see proper comparative benches in a case that only the nano could fit in to see if it was worth having one of these instead of a 980ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom